Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2018, 02:30 PM
Sarnak

Default Looking for Gear Upgrades - Enchanter

So, I am still working on getting to 60, but in the meantime, I feel like there is some gear on me that can use some replacing. I was wondering if you guys could make some suggestions. I have about maybe 10k to spend, and I have some vel gems, if I could get a reasonable MQ for it.

If I was to do the vel gems route, which would be the better items, beguiler's or illusionists?

Link to Magelo
Old 11-29-2018, 03:22 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishio [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I am still working on getting to 60, but in the meantime, I feel like there is some gear on me that can use some replacing. I was wondering if you guys could make some suggestions. I have about maybe 10k to spend, and I have some vel gems, if I could get a reasonable MQ for it.

If I was to do the vel gems route, which would be the better items, beguiler's or illusionists?

Link to Magelo
Hard without knowing what items you already have. Think illusionist armor beats beguiler in most every way.

Edit: missed the magelo, sorry
Last edited by commongood; 11-29-2018 at 03:41 PM..
Old 11-29-2018, 03:28 PM
Fire Giant

I think the best bang for your buck upgrade, with your budget, would be a Neriad Shawl. You can get them for as little at 8k plat, and it will offer a substantial upgrade to your shoulder slot and get you in position to start swapping CHA gear for more +int, +mana, and + hp gear. Otherwise, I would try and do skyshrine armor upgrades. The skyshrine wrists in particular are fabulous on an enchanter, and the arms and legs are pretty close to Best in Slot. The SS robe is 3rd BIS IMO for an enchanter after Vulak and PoM robe.

Those MQs can usually be purchased for 10-12k, except for the legs or robe, which are substantially more expensive. Or you can do Lord Bob open HOT, or join a guild that regularly does HoT to pick them up yourself.

If you ever want to chat gear, feel free to shoot me a tell. My main toon is Baylan, and I’m often on Pugni or Tumia these days.
Old 11-29-2018, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

Free ench gear in PoH and PoS (fairly common rot).

Spend that money on some spells (which will cost 8-12k)
Old 11-29-2018, 04:10 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baylan295 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the best bang for your buck upgrade, with your budget, would be a Neriad Shawl. You can get them for as little at 8k plat, and it will offer a substantial upgrade to your shoulder slot and get you in position to start swapping CHA gear for more +int, +mana, and + hp gear. Otherwise, I would try and do skyshrine armor upgrades. The skyshrine wrists in particular are fabulous on an enchanter, and the arms and legs are pretty close to Best in Slot. The SS robe is 3rd BIS IMO for an enchanter after Vulak and PoM robe.

Those MQs can usually be purchased for 10-12k, except for the legs or robe, which are substantially more expensive. Or you can do Lord Bob open HOT, or join a guild that regularly does HoT to pick them up yourself.

If you ever want to chat gear, feel free to shoot me a tell. My main toon is Baylan, and I’m often on Pugni or Tumia these days.
With Neriad Shawl being No Drop, would I be purchasing loot rights? I do need/want to get into a position where I can stop worrying about CHA, as to max out 255 I need to swap to stein when charming. Unless post 200 it's not really relevant.

In regards to SS armor, that'll be more of a join raids, right? I currently have the Chest for it, but perhaps I should start putting aside some time each week to raid a bit to get that gear up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legidias
Free ench gear in PoH and PoS (fairly common rot).

Spend that money on some spells (which will cost 8-12k)
Do a lot of guilds still do PoH and Sky raids? Or even, have open raids with /ran on the rots?
Old 11-29-2018, 04:26 PM
Planar Protector

Sky has a public rotation. Check the wiki for details on which guilds. PoH is fairly common for guilds to do (free loot, minibosses).

You won't really find open raids for them.
Old 11-29-2018, 04:29 PM
Fire Giant

lord Bob does HoT open raids. Most guilds raid HoT pretty regularly, but you can buy the MQs if you want. The encounters really require multiple groups though.

Neriad Shawl loot rights are exactly what I’m talking about. Prismatica is (IMO) the best in the business.
Old 11-29-2018, 06:41 PM
Sarnak

I'd save the plat for bedlam. You can hit max cha with what you have in your inventory. Maybe do the Helssen's Prismatic Trinket quest. The rest of the upgrades you'd want will come from PoM or raiding with a guild. But with what you have, you can farm the good/easier enchanter camps out there (velks, HS, Seb, etc).
Old 11-30-2018, 01:15 PM
Planar Protector

Dont waste your money on gear, just get upgrades as you play. Enchanters are not gear intensive and the money you spend will have very little effect outside of more HPs...mana not even that big a deal for ench
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 11-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Dont waste your money on gear, just get upgrades as you play. Enchanters are not gear intensive and the money you spend will have very little effect outside of more HPs...mana not even that big a deal for ench
I don’t understand why people say you shouldn’t gear a toon while you’re playing. That’s half the fun to me. Especially when you aren’t super motivated to xp. Camping or working on upgrades is fun
Closed Thread