Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2019, 06:51 PM
Sarnak

Default Tailoring guide for classic?

I’m looking to start tailoring on green. Does anybody have a good beginners guide? I found the one on the wiki that had some recipes but seems rather vague. Any tailoring for beginners?
Thanks!
Old 10-06-2019, 07:04 PM
Planar Protector

not exactly what you're looking for but Loramin added a bunch of era tags to the tailoring page on the wiki.
https://wiki.project1999.com/Tailoring

edit: the more I look at this page the less helpful it appears to be for green. uhh
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Last edited by Baler; 10-06-2019 at 07:07 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 11:33 AM
Fire Giant

This site has been around for a long time and have guide's for all trade skills
some older and some newer:

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...r=040000000000
-Taken-Taken II-

"I may not agree with what you say, but to your death I will defend your right to say it."
"If the freedom of speech is taken away then dumb and silent we may be led, like sheep to the slaughter."
"To be able to think freely, a man must be certain that no consequence will follow whatever he writes."

CromCruach on Blue - Aurgelmirx on Green
Old 10-08-2019, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

What specifically are you looking for? Something like a guide that tells you "make X until this level" or something like that?
Old 10-08-2019, 04:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What specifically are you looking for? Something like a guide that tells you "make X until this level" or something like that?
I think that's it yes.
I couldn't find anything like that for Pure Vanilla Classic.
Lots of guides for velious tailoring out there though. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-08-2019, 04:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This site has been around for a long time and have guide's for all trade skills
some older and some newer:

http://www.eqtraders.com/articles/ar...r=040000000000
The wayback machine lets us see that same site, as if it were 1999, which eliminates all the "some newer" parts:

https://web.archive.org/web/19991128...eqtraders.com/

The "Tailoring Guide" at that point was: https://web.archive.org/web/19991128...eqtraders.com/

The Wayback Machine has other snapshots of EQTraders.com (and lots of other sites too of course), so I'd strongly encourage anyone looking for classic tradeskill info to start there.

Ultimately though I think there are two separate things we need to figure out:
  1. which recipes were classic?
  2. of those recipes, which are the cheapest for each trivial level?

Wayback can help us figure out #1, but once we have that anyone can work out #2.

And then once we have all that, it should be pretty easy to either have a separate "Green skill up guide", or just to have one skill-up guide for both Blue and Green, with a few entries having "era templates" added to clarify "in classic you want to do classic recipe ___ instead of ___ (some Kunark/Velious recipe) at ___ trivial".

If possible, I think the latter would be better, because remember "Green" won't stay the same forever: someday it will have Kunark and then Velious, and then someday it will roll around back to classic. If we can get it right, I think it'd be ideal to have one wiki page handle all those eras, rather than needing separate pages or sections for each era, all of which would be trying to hit a "moving target" of Green.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 10-08-2019 at 04:28 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 04:34 PM
Planar Protector

Frankly I never understood why the other tradeskills don't have a simple list of items like the Alchemy page does. And you can just sort them all at once. In my opinion the alchemy page should be the template for other tradeskills. Also it has a nice skill guide at the top.
idk maybe that's just my opinion

The tradeskills for sure need some going over.
If anyone wants to help contribute towards the wiki, hint hint
Last edited by Baler; 10-08-2019 at 04:37 PM..
Old 10-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Planar Protector

Train to 21. Tattered armour to 26, (leather padding 31, using wolves,) raw silk to 36, tailored large bags to 41, bearskin potion bags if possible to 68, hand made backpack to 88, tailored quiver to 115.

You can intersperse studded to 56 and reinforced to 108, especially if you are also smithing.

If brewing you can also cured silk to 82 and wu's gloves to 88... Maybe not from launch. I know the gloves were added much earlier than the other options.
Old 10-08-2019, 04:58 PM
Sarnak

For the love of God, don't do what I did (twice).

Twenty years ago I was annoyed when I found out Raw Silk Robe was not made with a Robe pattern but a Tunic pattern.

Fast forward to last week after finding out about P99 and yep, sure enough my first attempt was with Robe pattern. The 20-year-deja-vu on my face was priceless...

Lykosor
Old 10-08-2019, 05:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For the love of God, don't do what I did (twice).

Twenty years ago I was annoyed when I found out Raw Silk Robe was not made with a Robe pattern but a Tunic pattern.

Fast forward to last week after finding out about P99 and yep, sure enough my first attempt was with Robe pattern. The 20-year-deja-vu on my face was priceless...

Lykosor
Classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread