Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 PM
Banned

Default Please do not release Kunark, Open Letter to Nilbog.

To whom it may concern:

I am writing this letter in regards to the recent posting of the release of Kunark on the red server. I want to sincerely show my frustration at this move for the server. The server population is just way to low. I have been a faithfully pvper here at red99 since the release. My main problem I have noticed is the location of people to PvP against. I bounce zone to zone and sometimes I cant even find anyone and just log off because I feel like I have been grieved off because I start to feel like a loser still playing this server with no one to play against or with. Now if you release Kunark, You add in tons of more zones that are four times the size of everquest classic. I also can tell you that PvP with Kunark released is going to make this problem ten times worse. At this point I will question my relevance with wanting to play this server at all. I seek no benefits of enjoyment based on these stipulations.

Chapter 2.

In this dicussion I would like to discuss the problem with the level of difficulty due to Kunark over the Everquest Classic Experience. In the Everquest classic experience, you can attempt to solo in Dungeons like Guk and perhaps even SolB. Without two boxing enabled there is just no way in a cow shit free pasture that Everquest Project 199 Red PvP players are going to be able to solo dungeons like Sebilis, Karnors, Howling Stones, and Droga just to name a few. Do you honestly think that the low population sub 100 is really stable enough and wide in diversity enough to support a whole new continent. Now I love Kunark like the next person but I know as well as the next person the way Red99 plays out and I can tell you that the population is just not there yet.

Chapter 3.

I really think that the release of Kunark is just getting pushed out because you seen a slight population increase as in 10-15 people now playing on the server. Yellow Text and no hot zones are going to demolish the sight of seeing anyone. You can hop on the blue server and I can tell you even in some zones you find two to 3 people and that’s with 500 people playing. With 60-65 at primetime you’re going to get dead zones. A LOT, of dead zones. Very minimum people are going to be in Classic Zones at all. I really feel raiding guilds, including mine (Nihilum), have trolled the GM's into believing that the only way to breathe life into this server is by releasing Kunark. This is totally false. Not all in the guild feel like this is a good idea. You can compare this to let’s say a game of call of duty and battlefield 3 released by EA games. Let’s say you take a total of 12 people in one call of duty game. Now let’s put them in a normal Call of duty game and you’re going to have decent spread of players with action in all areas or most of the game. Now let’s take those same 12 players and put them in a Battlefield 3 let’s say big map. It’s going to be devastating and boring and thus will only hurt the population and cause people looking for action to disarray and leave the game in frustration.

Conclusion:

Now I would like to end this in a plea and ask for Nilbog and other Everquest lore officials to please don’t be pressured into this mistake. You will see a failed server even worse then what you have now. Perhaps no longer a game of Everquest which currently with the big eq classic world into a truly a game of Solo-Quest. A plea that you will make the right choice and denounce this release. Do the right thing not only for your appetite to feed these meaningless PvPers and stay the course of a true Everquest Classic Server. One that promotes the population for me and you a better tomorrow for the future of Norrath for all PvPers to truly enjoy a game blessed by Tunare and the likes of Bristlebane. Please Nilbog do not release this expansion just yet. The server is not Ready. Please Nilbog do not release this expansion just yet. The server is just not ready.

Signed,

Nermilis Evilslayer
(True Hero of Bristlebane in slayer of all evil)

P.S - Please save the server and not hurt it, I know you will do the right thing in the end sir Nilbog.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Kobold

stfu hammertime/soldier/dirtnapper/random douche.

You haven't played here in months, keep rocking on LoZ
Old 08-02-2012, 09:38 PM
Planar Protector

So, let me get this straight.

They propose to add 26 zones that stand to double, if not triple or more the population but somehow in your immaculate grasp on logic that presents a conundrum?

Your entire argument is folly.
Banned

The thing is, is server would probably do great if Kunark pop rise could be kept, but i dont see how that is possible when xp loss is there to help griefers keep the casuals out.

Given most griefers are probably out but they might come back for Kunark to finish the job they started (TEE HEE)

Those casuals typically know how to play EQ less well, dont have the gear and numbers, and on top of that, you want to penalize them more with xp loss. I just dont get this, i really dont.

It also encourages zerging, so at the beginning of the box, nobody could touch holocaust. Now its Nihilum. It makes pvp a boring zerg fest.
Banned

So im a random douche or these people. LoZ?

Please delete this guy's post for trolling.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dullah [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, let me get this straight.

They propose to add 26 zones that stand to double, if not triple or more the population but somehow in your immaculate grasp on logic that presents a conundrum?

Seems like pretty simple math.
Again question isnt if pop will rise, it will. Question is how do you keep that pop from logging off forever after a month?

Jesus Nil/Rogean, see how these guys dont have a clue? They dont give a fuck about the box
Old 08-02-2012, 09:44 PM
Banned

I do care about this box and I'm giving a real in the sandy hills of oasis type of judgment because im in the halls of guk everday. These people just want Kunark much like I do but I rather have a server on the rise then release Kunark and 2 months after the release the server is doomed to repeat past mistakes. I care not for my own satisfaction of playing in Kunark to please myself, but to appease the the whole state of the server and future.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Planar Protector

If your goal was to troll writing a moby dick length epic was prolly over the top, if it was a legit concern I think nilbog seems to realize changes beyond simply content need to take place to fix this server.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQtrader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So im a random douche or these people. LoZ?
lol ok, you never were a good troll.

1/10 pretty sad you wasted 5 minutes of your life typing that.
Old 08-02-2012, 09:54 PM
Planar Protector

No one said population retention wasn't an issue.

No one said exp loss wasn't something that they should consider changing. I did say it was thus far almost entirely irrelevant, but it doesn't seem to serve any real purpose, and it may be a cause of grief during 50-60.

edit: See how you just derailed this entire thread?