Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Banned

Thumbs up State of the Server, August 2012

Here we are folks kunark released and here are my thoughts. Kunark will ruin this server.

Kunark Release

I. Good for Red99? The Preface.
There are different types of people who play everquest from all types of lifes. Some with no lifes and jobs, some with jobs and play for 10 mins every 5 days, Different walks of lives, different walks of lives people. But that being said, I will note the things that I have noticed about the server with different experiences and details. In the end I have noticed that Kunark Release will ruin this server.

II. Make it break it for the red99 server.
Lets face it folks, Even if you are the most hardcore bluebie Everquester with no life, I wont say no names but the likes of Troriste or Rushmore, This is the most critical part of the server's timeline and life for a make it break it type situation for Rogean. Kunark was released and pushed because the population was dwindling down to next to nothing. 20-30 players prime time in which 18-19 were in the guild nihilum. Kunark was a release to bring life into the server in which would seem a success at first but due to my predictions I see another one and half month the population taking a big hit. This make it break it phase of the server, its on the players to determine what will be the make of the server.

Reasons why Kunark will not mesh with the population for the long haul.
Size.
Kunark nearly doubled the size of the world. Everquest classic had something like close to 60 zones, rough estimate. Kunark now has something like 25 zones. Now with there are prolly close to about 85 zones now on the red99 server. With Kunark zones being so big pvp is going to be rare site to see. Population is right around 120 at prime time. Now that leaves every zone to have roughly 1.4 people. This is not classic and not good for the server. 1.4 people per zone is hardly classic. This leaves a problem for the game of Everquest. Everquest most of the higher end content takes a group to accomplish anything besides just slaying some random skeleton or frog or rat. With 120 people, spread across 85 zones, there might be 2 random groups at any time. This server will turn into a duo / solo game which it already was with EQ classic. Its going to be even worse with Kunark being released. Anyone wishing to roll up any class not capable of soloing its going to be impossible.

Guilds, IE Nihilum and Vae Dickus
Nihilum has clearly shown they have numbers and dont take this game anything less serious then real life. There guild members will exceed over 80 players. With 40 on at the time of Kunark, 120 players prime time with 40 being nihilum that's only 20 players short of being half the server. On a true pvp server, it was proven that smaller guilds with less numbers would show to enchance the server's fun and life. Now there is nothing wrong with raiding, but on a PvP server if that is not the main course of action the server is doomed and will be nothing more then a server that's main focus is pvp raiding for pixels and PvP is a secondary option. That's all fine and gravy but anyone that has played on a PvP server and red, the difference is that PvP only happens in which one side has just massive amounts of numbers. In the case of Nihilum groups of 20 or more are quickly pvping 3 or 4 people,and its back to business. This is another part of the player bases fault that will ruin the server because Nihilum clearly has no cap and no sight near in stopping recruiting because PvP is not the main focus and more numbers = more numbers for raiding server. Mark my words, this will drive the server into a dwindling population once again,and this Nihilum will have there own personal server with more raid targets. Vae Victus also just recruits anyone and everyone willing to battle the "zerg" so to call it. As long as you can show you are a player that is dedicated to leveling your toon and being a part of the community, you can ask to join and you can. Much like Nihilum but not quite on the same level. 40 from Nihilum, 25-30 from Vae Dickus, 40+30= 70. That leaves about 50 people playing not in any guild or one of the smaller guilds. Not good for the server once again, Imagine if Nihilum was split into two guilds, and Vae Dickus split into two guilds. Thats 4 guilds battling for the top spot which in thus will lead to some good battles and overall PvP. Does Vae Dickus even have a leader let alone a Vent server?

EXP.
Exp on this server makes sense. The main idea the creators of this project are trying to accomplish is the more time you invest in your toon, then the less cheaters and more people will care and have a better overall community. The exp here though is horrible. Exp rates are currently suited for the likes of Nihilum and hardcore poopsockers. That's all good if you have no job and no life, but for the casual player that works a 9-5, what time do you have to play everquest? Maybe an hour a night or two. Thats if your hardcore and your trying to play with a job, family... etc. It would take you right around 4-5 months to even get to 50 at that rate. Thus this also drives down the population. Exp should be boosted even more to create to funnel PvP and create more. No reason level 30 at 2 hours a night should take you 3 weeks. Bad for PvP bad for the players all around just not good for the state of the server.

Missing Features will cause Kunark to Fail.
Yellow text, which you have seen the polls is clearly not going in. Yellow Text is something more then 75% of the server wants. Yet its still not in. Everyone knows yellow text is something that will improve the server's fun level, and also increase PvP. Not sure why this is not in but once again people running all over Kunark to find pvp will go old fast and quick, thus driving the population down, way down. Hotzones are also something that will greatly increase the PvP on this server and something that can help players level by themselves and counter zerg like numbers.

Conclusion

All in all, The facts are clearly shown. This is something that was released by the Project admins in a make it or break it situation. Rogean was not ready for the community that come with a PvP server's release. Kunark being to big, No groups, and missing features, this server's population will slowly dwindle. In three months, I will check back in and clearly see that there will not be more then 50 people playing. Take it for what you want folks but always remember especially those putting so many time of there lives in this game, Rogean could pass away tomorrow, and server could be shut down. Its a EMU server also at the end of the day, all those hard end pixels and time spent was just a waste. Some of these people on the server that would be the best thing that would ever happened to them. Server goes down tomorrow, everything you played and worked for would just go down the drain, you may act like you don't care, But some of you have so much time invested, I would clearly see you guys on the news in a Sean Wooley type of situation. Just remember folks this is a EMU server, tomorrow is not promised. Once again, Kunark will ruin this servers population and was something that had to be released, but its on the players, and in 3 months time, the population will show and this server will be doomed. Good luck.
Old 08-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Banned

email me the cliffsnotes
Old 08-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Planar Protector

tldr

Saw part about Nihilum. Our recruiting is closed. Hoping to help competition on the server. Some have been/will be dropped in future. Wtb a decent guild leader who can shift thru all the no-talent dirtbags on the server and build a competitive guild.
Old 08-21-2012, 11:16 PM
Fire Giant

your writing skills are abysmal bro

good points though

C-
Old 08-21-2012, 11:34 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by EQtrader [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Vae Victus also just recruits anyone and everyone willing to battle the "zerg" so to call it. As long as you can show you are a player that is dedicated to leveling your toon and being a part of the community, you can ask to join and you can.

Does Vae Dickus even have a leader let alone a Vent server?
umm...not anybody anymore. Yes there's a VV vent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamwiseBanned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Vae Victis LF 35+ only recruits to fight the Zerg.
That IS the leader right there.
Old 08-22-2012, 04:15 AM
Fire Giant

The last 6 threads I've read had foxx in each one complaining about the exp rate... The games been out for almost 10 months. If you can't make 50 in 10 months than you might as well not log on anyway. If you are just starting and expect everything to be handed to you, you're playing the wrong game. Either way, constant whining gets old... Play or don't. No one cares.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:34 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by mendan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The games been out for almost 10 months. If you can't make 50 in 10 months than you might as well not log on anyway. If you are just starting and expect everything to be handed to you, you're playing the wrong game. Either way, constant whining gets old... Play or don't. No one cares.
agree on all points -- i fricking love kubark, the gear disparity will become proportionally smaller due to the large number of good items to be had in non raid scenarios, etc
Old 08-22-2012, 06:48 AM
Aviak

I dont play on red, but i gotta ask the OP something...

Isn't this supposed to be a CLASSIC server? Asking about putting yellow text in etc for pvp kills, that isn't classic is it?

To my understanding, this was supposed to be a classic server, with PVP turned on, rather than just PVE. Am I mistaken?

I'm not saying something like that would or would not help or hurt the population of a very low population server like Red appears to be headed toward, and was before the release of Kunark.

I'm specifically asking about making changes to a server that was stated from the outset to be classic, and now the complaints are that if we dont make it non-classic its going to die. If thats the case, I say let it die and build something new with a different rule set than the design that was put forward for R99 of being classic.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AenarieFenninRo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I dont play on red, but i gotta ask the OP something...

Isn't this supposed to be a CLASSIC server? Asking about putting yellow text in etc for pvp kills, that isn't classic is it?

To my understanding, this was supposed to be a classic server, with PVP turned on, rather than just PVE. Am I mistaken?

I'm not saying something like that would or would not help or hurt the population of a very low population server like Red appears to be headed toward, and was before the release of Kunark.

I'm specifically asking about making changes to a server that was stated from the outset to be classic, and now the complaints are that if we dont make it non-classic its going to die. If thats the case, I say let it die and build something new with a different rule set than the design that was put forward for R99 of being classic.
you're mistaken.
Videos
Wipe it clean.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:09 AM
Planar Protector

has opinions about red

doesn't play on red