Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Sarnak

Default Plane of Mischief

Anyone else excited we may see it again someday with P99? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It is a ways away, but that zone is one of the most special to me... I more or less left my raiding guild to bind there and would log on and play there for a couple months.
Old 08-11-2010, 08:05 PM
Banned

ProjectEQ has 1.0 spawned if you want to go romp around.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:20 PM
Aviak

I LOVED PoM. Was my home for a long time, unfortunately I think it'll be kinda sucky on P99 now that everyone knows the deal. Most people seemed to be clueless about it on Live until it ended up in GD.
Old 08-11-2010, 09:56 PM
Aviak

when was that released on Classic... I dont remember this zone all that much.

Jeice - Gnome Necromancer
Winkyfeet - Halfelf Bard

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with the ranger Jiece, who seems to have incorrectly spelled my name.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:06 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
when was that released on Classic... I dont remember this zone all that much.
Velious
Old 08-11-2010, 10:07 PM
Aviak

same time as PoG than? or was that Kunark.

Jeice - Gnome Necromancer
Winkyfeet - Halfelf Bard

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with the ranger Jiece, who seems to have incorrectly spelled my name.
Old 08-11-2010, 10:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
same time as PoG than? or was that Kunark.
Same time. Velious.
Old 08-11-2010, 11:18 PM
Planar Protector

plane of mischief was truly a hidden gem on rodcet nife. i think i can remember most of the names of, and count on 2 hands, the people that consistently did it with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
i think i can remember most of the names of, and count on 2 hands, the people that consistently did it with me.
thats what she said
Old 08-11-2010, 11:26 PM
VIP / Contributor

So Mischief is my baby. I played here pre-revamp on live, and to this day own the only Mage robe on Xegony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

During original beta on this server last July/August I went through and got rid of every post-nerf spawn there, and added in just about every classic spawn. I scripted just about every quest and hail/response that there was. I abandoned it before it was done because we decided on a release date for the server and started working towards that.

What still needs to be done:

1) Loot-needs to be done completely, not terribly hard here as there were not a ton of drops

2) Need to make the trees in the forest spawn those flower things when you get too close to them

3) Need to make the dispel traps on the bridge above the moat functional

4) Verify all combines in the containers work

5) Aeolwind needs to create the script for the halflings to path into the theatre and take their seat when they spawn (All the paths are created)

6) The entire Bristlebane spawning/depopping needs to be scripted

7) Some pathing needs to be added in the maze, the spawns all look good

8) I need concrete data on the jovial white knight, and the maniacal dark knight as far as spawn conditions go and what they would actually sell. I got alot of conflicting data on these

9) In the main hall the invisible mobs with names are there but the halfings are also up. Need to add a script to make them spawn once the chest is attacked rather than stay up 100% of the time

10) I broke the halflings in the forest pathing around the chest while trying to tweak it, just need to fine tune that up.

11) Need to verify spawn loc's of Slice and Dice in the upsidedown wing.

So in not looking in depth at this in awhile, that is what's left, all the other spawns look great, all the quests work. Pinky's knock knock joke works, the sphinx's do the macanera dance, the npc's who responded to hails, all respond to hails, including Life's deathtouching.

The zone looks great at the moment and anyone who did not get to experience it in the past is in for a treat. Once velious launch is done and well underway we have tossed around the idea of implementing armor quests for each class. Sony never did that before they scrapped it and fucked it all up. That decision likely won't be made until it is decided on where the server will go post velious.

That said, if anyone has any further info to add feel free to PM me. We have a good chunk left to do for Kunark so I will not be getting back to this zone until that's all set. You should all be excited for this though!

Xz
Old 08-11-2010, 11:52 PM
Aviak

Fuckin' aye!