Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-11-2010, 11:53 PM
Kobold

cant wait to see it, mischief was an amazing zone!
Old 08-12-2010, 12:59 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itchybottom [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ProjectEQ has 1.0 spawned if you want to go romp around.
My friend and I did Bristlebane on PEQ. I'm pretty sure 1.0 didn't drop all those badass weapons lol. It was a pretty fun event tho! We we only ornate/tov gear'd but we took him on with our 30man bot team (between the 2 of us). Maybe the rest is 1.0, but BB for sure is upgraded.
Old 08-12-2010, 04:28 AM
Aviak

Not to come off like a dick to much. But if kunark isn't out yet, why is velious content being worked on?

Jeice - Gnome Necromancer
Winkyfeet - Halfelf Bard

Disclaimer: Not to be confused with the ranger Jiece, who seems to have incorrectly spelled my name.
Old 08-12-2010, 07:25 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzerion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So Mischief is my baby. I played here pre-revamp on live, and to this day own the only Mage robe on Xegony [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.].

That said, if anyone has any further info to add feel free to PM me. We have a good chunk left to do for Kunark so I will not be getting back to this zone until that's all set. You should all be excited for this though!

Xz
Jeice, you need to read all the posts. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 08-12-2010, 07:53 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by thxer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I LOVED PoM. Was my home for a long time, unfortunately I think it'll be kinda sucky on P99 now that everyone knows the deal. Most people seemed to be clueless about it on Live until it ended up in GD.
that goes for everything we play though. almost all the player base here knows the secrets of most of the game...or at least, is highly familiar with them.

PoM is very restrictive.

The only entrance is in the north wing of ToV. This, alone, makes accessing the zone very very difficult.

If you die in the zone without being bound there your CR may be the most difficult one you have ever had. If you do bind there getting out of the zone safely is not the easiest thing in the world either.

The result: few ppl CAN go. fewer ppl will WANT to go. The zone will almost always be near empty, and restricted to those who truly love the zone.
Old 08-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Banned

Shiny Brass Idol
Locket of Escape
Old 08-12-2010, 09:05 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeice [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not to come off like a dick to much. But if kunark isn't out yet, why is velious content being worked on?
You were unsuccessful in not coming off like a dick.

There's lots of things that are done, as we come across them. There are also areas which are done by those way more familiar with them than others.

Example.. last night I found the EVENT_DEATH message for a chetari adolescent and Zlandicar while going through some screenshots. They were added even though Velious isn't out yet.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:28 AM
Fire Giant

I went to one of the original fan faires and smedley himself told me PoM in its originally envisioned form was never finished, and would never be finished, because the guy whose baby it was didn't work there anymore. I always wondered what the ultimate goal for the zone was.

On Tunare I was bound in PoM as soon as ToV got on farm status. I was even a pretty active poster on the plane of mischief boards. I just got super nostalgic for my crazy cleric armor. It was a miracle I even got the two piece I did considering how hard the zone was for a cleric without some backup and how rare the cards were. I quit live just before the revamp.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:44 AM
VIP / Contributor

Jeice,

Thought I was pretty clear saying I did that work last July/August and I would not be returning to finish it until after Kunark is done. There were not alot of people who played in PoM 1.0, but for those who did, they typically consider it the most fun zone ever made. I made the reply here to let those people who want PoM 1.0, that is will be here in all it's glory. Don't worry, Kunark is being diligently worked on, try to read posts in their entirety though please.

Xz
Old 08-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzerion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Jeice,

Thought I was pretty clear saying I did that work last July/August and I would not be returning to finish it until after Kunark is done. There were not alot of people who played in PoM 1.0, but for those who did, they typically consider it the most fun zone ever made. I made the reply here to let those people who want PoM 1.0, that is will be here in all it's glory. Don't worry, Kunark is being diligently worked on, try to read posts in their entirety though please.

Xz
I think part of the p1999 PoM experience should be making the throne cards not so nonsensically rare [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread