Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2015, 10:08 AM
Kobold

Default Classic EQ and Luclin Models

For almost all people, classic EQ is about classic gameplay.

That said, most of us live in 2015 with better PC's. I want better graphics, not blocky Minecraft/TROVE/Lego World. If the engine is capable of the Luclin graphics, it should not matter how one wants to see their avatars. The game play is still classic, and that is what should be the most important element.

If the developers are truly striving for a classic server then they should remove all "non classic" content and elements they have either added or chose to ignore. They should not add "custom' content after Velious as it is "not classic."

What's important is that Luclin graphics, while "not classic" in the developers minds, certainly does not ruin the "spirit of Everquest."

So I challenge any developer now to answer me this:

If you are going to add custom content later in the "spirit of EQ," how is that classic? And how is that different than allowing Luclin graphics? How would the Luclin graphics ruin the spirit of EQ as a suggested "custom content," where as a new zone/item/monster would not?
Moollah Muckwater, Swamp Hag, 4th Eye of Fear
Old 08-01-2015, 10:13 AM
Planar Protector

QQ
Old 08-01-2015, 10:28 AM
Kobold

I think it's a valid question. Wouldn't mind an answer myself. I've been thinking for a while about this whole"classic" stuff. If something was broken or hindered the enjoyment of the game back then..... Why keep it in the game now to hinder the enjoyment?
Can't we make the game still have that classic feel to it but make the game better than it was back then?

Just thinking out loud.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:33 AM
Kobold

im not gonna be one to QQ about it but i also dont see why luclin models should be disabled. alot of classic changes i can get behind.... but i just prefer most of the new models and i think they should leave options for people to have their game look however they want as long as it doesnt have gameplay advantages.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:35 AM
Aviak

Disallowing Luclin models has shit on a day that I've been looking forward to for a long long time. It's like your dad dressing up as Santa and punching you in the dick on Christmas morning. Yeah, it's still Christmas, but I just got punched in the dick and I'm not even into it anymore. I'm going back to bed. Save me some cookies.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Aviak

Allow Luclin graphics please. I am a fan!
Thanks!
Old 08-01-2015, 10:40 AM
Skeleton

I am quite disappointed over the removal of Luclin models. I'm here for classic "gameplay", not classic looks necessarily. All of my toons are fugly now, and that makes me not want to play them.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:41 AM
Planar Protector

Luclin models were the nail in my EQ coffin - i have no idea why anyone thinks they are good much less something that greatly affects things positively

In Classic - Velious, characters look like they do now
Old 08-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yippee38 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm here for classic "gameplay", not classic looks necessarily.
I get enough of a nostalgia fix just playing the game and seeing the zones, I don't need my iksars to be hideously classic too.
Old 08-01-2015, 10:45 AM
Planar Protector

There were no Luclin models in Velious, not sure what the complaining is about.

Reminds me of the time they took the con color out of the target window, wasn't classic but annoyed a lot of people.

Maybe it's time the Luclin model crowd all rolled bards and went ham on the spell effects...pretty/sparkly whatever the model looks like underneath <3
Closed Thread