Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 01:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Hat [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Arena. That zone -truly- serves no purpose and that is why it is my least faxorite.
There was a GM event back in the day for Arena. For 2pp X your level entry fee, you got into a free for all with every other entrant. GM name was Nyx. That was pretty exciting. Dunno what the reward was.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:38 PM
Planar Protector

Least favorite zone(s)? Low visibility, huge, spread out monstrosities where risk > reward and you only spent time there while traversing to other zones.

Swamp of no Hope
Burning Woods
Emerald Jungle

I might lump the Karanas in here as well but I'll be honest that the entire pre-kunark world was fantastic in that it just made the world/game feel BIG and not just designed around being in a certain zone because you were a certain level range. True classic EQ (not kunark) could host a wide range of player levels in most zones.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 02-23-2016, 03:43 PM
Planar Protector

I originally started playing EQ at kunark release. I found the original zones/content way more compelling than the kunark ones.

Vanilla was like a world, RoK zones were like a game.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:19 PM
Planar Protector

Dalnir sux bad location and crappy sarnak like casters
Old 02-23-2016, 04:25 PM
Aviak

If you're kos to Claws of Veeshan, Western Wastes can be a massive pain in the ass.

Running to DN/ToV? Sorry Cargalia is camping on top of SG tunnel.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:27 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troxx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Least favorite zone(s)? Low visibility, huge, spread out monstrosities where risk > reward and you only spent time there while traversing to other zones.

Swamp of no Hope
Burning Woods
Emerald Jungle

I might lump the Karanas in here as well but I'll be honest that the entire pre-kunark world was fantastic in that it just made the world/game feel BIG and not just designed around being in a certain zone because you were a certain level range. True classic EQ (not kunark) could host a wide range of player levels in most zones.
don't forget the feerott
Old 02-23-2016, 04:32 PM
Planar Protector

um, noone has mentioned The Karanas. all 4 are pretty shitty, WK being the worst.
least favorite dungeon? I'd have to say Kaesora or SolB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevynne [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
um, noone has mentioned The Karanas. all 4 are pretty shitty, WK being the worst.
least favorite dungeon? I'd have to say Kaesora or SolB
you and I have nothing in common [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-23-2016, 05:10 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gorge of king xorbb for sure
Coming out of lurking to post on this BS comment and the ones above (and possibly below if they agree).

Gorge was awesome. I'm probably talking from nostalgia, but I always had an awesome time in the gorge. I remember being there on my first character, a druid, and camping those evil eyes while sporting an e-boner waiting for a PBB to drop. The exp was adequate. The mobs...when do you see an evil eye at lvl 19? When do you see a crazy mud man? The first time I had mud slung on my face and couldn't see I thought my monitor died. It was an amazing feeling. The zone is gold. As long as you have sow there is always a zone line somewhere near you and you can escape to safety. Just have a map open. It was hell in the days before playing in windowed mode.

As far as my vote, I would have to say South Karana. I had a love hate relationship. The xp was great at aviaks. The distance you had to travel to do anything was grueling. I did love the random named spawns though.

Edit: Also voting Dalnir. The casters and flee are terrible.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by iruinedyourday [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
you and I have nothing in common [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im sorry friend [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autotune View Post
Dance puppets dance.
Closed Thread