Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Sarnak

Default XP from Deathfist Belts vs. Bone Chips

I have a level 5 rogue that I'm looking to quest to 13, either through bone chips or deathfist belts (evil).

Using some of the data I found on the forums and the wiki, I've calculated that it will take roughly 48 stacks of bone chips (and quite a bit of clicking) to level from 5-13, including the 9% class mod bonus for rogue.

Anyone happen to know how much xp is received per belt turn in, preferably in a numerical value (ex: 7,777 xp rewarded per 4 bone chips, per forum post)? If a numerical value isn't available, an approximate % per belt with level and class would work!

Won't be in game for a day or two, so just trying to plan ahead =P
Old 06-06-2017, 10:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by afelipe1189 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using some of the data I found on the forums and the wiki, I've calculated that it will take roughly 48 stacks of bone chips (and quite a bit of clicking) to level from 5-13, including the 9% class mod bonus for rogue.
That seems like an awfully low number of bone chips. I'd be surprised if you could even make it to 7 with that much. Last time I did bone chips, it took more than 10 stacks to move from 5 to 6 alone.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:52 AM
Planar Protector

When was the last time you did bone chips?

They are like 7000 xp per hand in.
Old 06-06-2017, 10:58 AM
Sarnak

http://www.project1999.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=272132

My source, which is actually thanks to this fella above!

I have a fancy excel file I put together that supports this (found a minor error in original calc, closer to 50 stacks, big whoop!)

Plus, just thinking logically, would people really pay 10p per stack to do 250 hand ins for a whopping 2 levels? O.o
Last edited by afelipe1189; 06-06-2017 at 11:02 AM..
Old 06-06-2017, 11:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
When was the last time you did bone chips?

They are like 7000 xp per hand in.
last week? it seemed like it was less than 2% per turn-in at level 5, and barely 1% per turn-in at level 6.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:15 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
last week? it seemed like it was less than 2% per turn-in at level 5, and barely 1% per turn-in at level 6.
I think the bone chips quests are different for each area. Which bone chip quest did you do? About a month ago on my paladin I turned in 8 stacks and went from 7 to 9 with the Kaladim quest.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Pro tip on bone chips

Bind something like ctrl + z to select center screen (u by default). Ctrl click bone chip to grab a single, ctrl z to put in trade window. Repeat 3 times then click trade
Old 06-06-2017, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halius [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think the bone chips quests are different for each area. Which bone chip quest did you do? About a month ago on my paladin I turned in 8 stacks and went from 7 to 9 with the Kaladim quest.
Oh, the Kaladim version is still granting too much XP per turn-in. For some reason I figured this was fixed by now.
Old 06-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samoht [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's roughly 60 stacks to get from 0 - 12 in Kala. So I think you weren't turning them in right or to the wrong person

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-06-2017, 12:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Oh, the Kaladim version is still granting too much XP per turn-in. For some reason I figured this was fixed by now.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=51872

This thread quotes some classic xp gains for bone chip quest, then has the working for how much xp the quest gives on p99 (at time of testing, I don't believe it has changed).

Basically, the values match.
Closed Thread