Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here is how I see it : when a cop ask you something, do it, be polite. You CANNOT resist an arrest, period. You just can't. It is against the law. The cop might be wrong. The worst thing that might happen is you getting to the police station. It happens. But 90% of the time, the cops are protecting your ass and preventing many crimes in the public areas just by being present and visible. You can't imagine how the many visibles and invisibles cops are helping our society.

Trying to help someone resisting an arrest, especially in this case where the cop was obviously trying not to hurt the girl ( The guy is strong enough he could have jsut pulled her from the booth, breaking something on the way ) is not a good idea either. The guy is trying to do his job, he *might* be wrong, but has the girl being cooperativ in the first place and followed the cops, none of this would have happen. Result of her thinking that she can resist the law : she is probably charged with resisting arrest, someone else gets hurt and is arrested too, the cop who is trying to do his job lose his temper and *maybe* hit someone, he is now on youtube for millions of people to see and think of him as a violent cop who hurt citizen for no reasons.
How about she followed the cop without doing a fuss in the first place ? A very serious case of stupid kid.

In France where I live, spiting on cops seems to be the national sports. We have thousands of people speeding on the road and every week someone kills a mom and her kids driving too fast and/or drunken. Yet, when cops are giving tickets for speeding everyone's reaction is the same : they have nothing better to do, they are lazy pigs, they better catch real criminals !
People seems to forget that when driving too fast they not only put themself in danger, but other people too.

In France, I can't speak for US as i don't actually know the place, when a non racist non aggressiv cop ask you something about a minor infraction, and you stay polite, 1 out of 2 times, the cop will let you go and ask you to make sure that you fixe what is wrong without giving a ticket. He/She will trust you to do the good thing.

My two euro cents', where the grass has the same color and french can't speak english (sorry for the bad english [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
No offense but you're from France, the last time you've had a stable government capable of extorting the citizenry was when pantaloons and public hangings were in. In France police are more subservient due to the fact if they did something wrong the entire nation would be at the state house burning it to the ground.

In America we're rather lazy, when the government does something corrupt we simply sit on the couch and guffaw at the situation hoping the government will regulate itself, it's because of this apathy of fault that police in the U.S can abuse their power with little to no consequence other than a slap on the wrist, it's why they can extort money from you for the state because there is no real repercussion from you or society like there is in France.

We have one of the most armed citizenry in the world, but we are the most isolated and politically apathetic people and tell me what is the point of the 2nd amendment when all you care for is television and beer?
Old 04-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Planar Protector

The girl laid hands on the officer that was attempting to make an arrest (and the arrestee was resisting), the chick 100% deserved what she got.
Old 04-28-2011, 03:12 PM
Kobold

Old 04-28-2011, 03:27 PM
Orc

Rule #1 - never swing @ a man.

Swinging at a man automatically disables the "Don't hit girls" programming. She had it coming.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:18 AM
Large Rat

Obviously I can't speak for US. But do we know what triggered this arrest attempt ?
Maybe it was for no reasons at all, and the cop was abusing his powers.
Maybe the girls was asked something normal and refusing to do it, the only solution for the cop is to get her out.

If we don't know what triggered the incident, I see two people to blame in this video :
- A cop who lost his temper and hit someone who is trying to prevent him from doing his job. As he is a cop, it is sort of a big deal because he is supposed to keep his cool in all situations and never hurt a citisen.
- And a girl who thinks she is above the law and put many people in trouble, get hurt and/or in jail. It make me think of a kid who is used to answer to teachers and to her parents and getting away with it.

And on a side note, it is true that french are in the street burning cars for almost no reason at all, but nowaday, our new leaders couldn't care less and don't give a shit at all. ;-)
Old 04-29-2011, 06:08 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to wehrmacht

I'm from Atlanta and the video was in the Buckhead IHOP that I've been to a few times. It was some black girl being loud as fuck, probably yelling out the lyrics to some "soulja boy" song just like the one in this MARTA train video in Atlanta a few years ago:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cwkU-5OFPHY

Police description of IHOP incident below:
------------------------------------------------------------------
"According Officer J. Vidal's narrative from that night — or, rather, early Saturday morning; just before 3 a.m. — the kerfuffle began when the women wouldn't shut up. He says he heard Cynthia Freeman — the woman whose collar he's clutching at the beginning of the video — yelling in the booth behind where he was standing, so he asked her to be quiet or leave. According to Vidal, Freeman refused, and told him that she's a criminal justice major and is familiar with the law.

"She stated that this is a public place and she knows her first amendment rights," Vidal wrote in his report, "I advised her that IHOP is private property and that I am employed by IHOP. I also advised her that she would have to leave the property if she continued to keep yelling. Ms. Freeman stated that she knew the law and wasn’t going anywhere. Ms. [Roberta] Caban [told me] to get out of her face."

Apparently, Freeman didn't believe that Vidal was a police officer. She said she refused to leave, and threatened to call the cops on him. That's when Vidal decided she was under arrest.

"I tried to get her out of the booth, and she resisted," Vidal wrote. He then says that Caban grabbed his arm and Freeman threw punches at his body."
Old 04-29-2011, 10:10 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Husk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Obviously I can't speak for US. But do we know what triggered this arrest attempt ?
Maybe it was for no reasons at all, and the cop was abusing his powers.
Maybe the girls was asked something normal and refusing to do it, the only solution for the cop is to get her out.

If we don't know what triggered the incident, I see two people to blame in this video :
- A cop who lost his temper and hit someone who is trying to prevent him from doing his job. As he is a cop, it is sort of a big deal because he is supposed to keep his cool in all situations and never hurt a citisen.
- And a girl who thinks she is above the law and put many people in trouble, get hurt and/or in jail. It make me think of a kid who is used to answer to teachers and to her parents and getting away with it.

And on a side note, it is true that french are in the street burning cars for almost no reason at all, but nowaday, our new leaders couldn't care less and don't give a shit at all. ;-)
A Frenchman with some sense? Is there a full moon or something?

Landazar [50 Magician]
Closed Thread