Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

View Poll Results: Should Patch Days Herald Raid Target Repops?
Yes. This would allow for more guilds to get raid targets, and would emulate classic more directly. 0 0%
No. Let's keep this hard on noobs and make them work until they can compete with the top guilds. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:14 PM
Planar Protector

Default Patch Day Spawns

Specifically, this would relieve some of the consternation of the "up and coming" raid guilds by forcing the larger guilds to pick which raid targets they would pursue, leaving a window of time of opportunity on other targets.

I know that polls do not determine policy, but I thought it would be a good idea just to see how everyone felt in a somewhat concrete manner. Perhaps if enough people felt the same way about something, the staff would at least consider it at a higher priority level than they currently are relative to their other important and time-consuming tasks.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:59 PM
Kobold

No, make em work to get in a guild that can kill the shit.
Old 03-19-2010, 08:30 PM
Sarnak

although I'll never likely get to raid I vote +1 for emulating classic
Old 03-19-2010, 08:37 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasbinbad [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Specifically, this would relieve some of the consternation of the "up and coming" raid guilds by forcing the larger guilds to pick which raid targets they would pursue, leaving a window of time of opportunity on other targets.

I know that polls do not determine policy, but I thought it would be a good idea just to see how everyone felt in a somewhat concrete manner. Perhaps if enough people felt the same way about something, the staff would at least consider it at a higher priority level than they currently are relative to their other important and time-consuming tasks.
I remember weeks in classic where they had 3-4 patches which left for tons of world bosses for everyone. I really thing this should get added in though the patches are different than live. Maybe someway to "recreate" something similar to live would be nice. Rogean can roll the dice to reset the spawns 0-2 times a week at random times.

I don't want it to get too out of control, but in Classic I remember 2-3 guilds competing for top targets, and here we are gonna have 5-6 soon. There were times I remember going after naggy 3-4 times in one week... so adding a random patch day in once a week doesn't seem far off to me.

On a side note - screw you Hasbinbad!
Old 03-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Kobold

I don't mind fighting and scrapping our way up. But I'm down for whatever the server decides [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-19-2010, 09:40 PM
Fire Giant

Send a message via AIM to Ferok

I voted yes.

It'd also be great if the server could be highly unstable when you release expansions. For like... a week. And patch every other day during this period.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It'd also be great if the server could be highly unstable when you release expansions. For like... a week. And patch every other day during this period.
LOL! Now THAT would be classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-20-2010, 12:54 AM
VIP / Contributor

I voted yes on this. I always pushed for this aspect of the game to be enabled. Due to the DDos'ing and uncertainty of the number of patches it was decided in the past to not do this because of the amount of loot that would flood the server. If it can be controlled so that only on an actual patch that all timers would be reset, I think its a win win...that's how it was on live
Last edited by Xzerion; 03-20-2010 at 12:56 AM..
Old 03-20-2010, 01:57 AM
Planar Protector

I think this is a great idea. The options in the past are not available here...changing to lower populated servers, etc. I remember when entire guilds changed servers just to get a chance to get past the crock-blocking.

There will probably be 10 or more raid capable guilds by the time Kunark is released...that's not farfetched imo, considering we have (edited) 6 right now.

IB
Trans
Divinity
Fish Bait
Gothic Circle
In Virtue

Gonna get awfully crowded at the top I think, lol.

Edited for number. Nope...10 isn't far off...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
if your reason to be here is to ruin other peoples experiences and grief them off the server, then not only do you not deserve the privilege of playing here, but i will remove your ability to do so.
Last edited by Humerox; 03-20-2010 at 02:34 AM..
Old 03-20-2010, 02:23 AM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Finawin

Yeah, we're going to have a lot of problems that Live servers didn't have with raid-level crowding.

How many active raiding guilds did we have on most servers on Live? 5 tops for each server doing current-level content.
Closed Thread