Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Fire Giant

Hmmm. never thought about that and i have a macroable mouse = P

Damn. Back to square one.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

BTW Xz,

Love your ideas to move the raid targets. One of the only issues i can see is aoe's and aggroing other mobs.

A fear from the stone spider room for naggers would mess with BnB groups, and enough spiders/beetles can kill any raid force while they are fighting a dragon.

Love the idea, just any implementation of it seems like it would suck for naggy
Old 06-16-2010, 10:08 PM
VIP / Contributor

I didnt mean you actually had to fight them there....just that if you wanted to camp or have a claim you need to have moved there or been sitting there. I think it works great to deter a camp...I dont really know about racing to those spots though...shrug maybe we can conjure up some ideas
Old 06-16-2010, 10:10 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB has this ridiculous fascination with mobilization. They have it in there head that this some how implies skill when you can "mobilize" to a mob. But the sad reality is and what people don't understand its the same thing as camping a mob out. Only your logging out your character in the next zone over or same zone as the next due raid target. Then you wait for a text to log on.
Nowhere near the same thing. For example, for all the cries of Leatherfoot Raider Skullcap exploits, they still remain a cheaper way to mobilize. 350-500p for an instant port to WC, then from there you can snag a port from a guildie to wherever? 350-500p is nothing in the long run compared to getting a raid target. You don't have to be camped out 15 feet away to mobilize fast, you just have to think ahead (Vox excepted, because getting to perma sucks).
Old 06-16-2010, 10:18 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xzerion [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didnt mean you actually had to fight them there....just that if you wanted to camp or have a claim you need to have moved there or been sitting there. I think it works great to deter a camp...I dont really know about racing to those spots though...shrug maybe we can conjure up some ideas
Agreed. But people wont sit there i dont think. there are ways around any system i guess.

WTB first to engage variance ffa tbh, except that will mess things up too with rogues/monks/necros just getting first aggro on crap by sitting/fding on spawn points
Old 06-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
OMG so i have like the easiest solution to this whole thing!!

Just make it so that if your afk for more than... lets say, 30 minutes, you get kicked off the server? That way, there will be less camping and more mobilizing.
Yes, because imposing such a rule on people uninvolved in this bullshit is what they want to do.

Raiding solutions cannot affect the rest of gameplay. Danth and Lara do no raid - Danth and Lara play to kill frogs and dogs. Do you want Danth and Lara to have to move their mouses every 29 minutes?

And no - increasing the number to 30 is just silly. I haven't read any posts I didn't wish to so maybe this was touched on? Naggy can be done with 2 groups maybe? Definitely 3. Why should we camp him with 5?
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
And no - increasing the number to 30 is just silly. I haven't read any posts I didn't wish to so maybe this was touched on? Naggy can be done with 2 groups maybe? Definitely 3. Why should we camp him with 5?

Well, the idea would be that you dont camp him at all???

I thought thats what we were all trying to get rid of
Old 06-16-2010, 10:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Agreed. But people wont sit there i dont think. there are ways around any system i guess.

WTB first to engage variance ffa tbh, except that will mess things up too with rogues/monks/necros just getting first aggro on crap by sitting/fding on spawn points
rogues/necros/monks? how about paladins sitting on the spawn point with a raid behind him? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Hmmm. never thought about that and i have a macroable mouse = P

Damn. Back to square one.
g15s and macro programs cant do everythin tho, only spam a certain button/click correct?

So the 30 mins afk timer is based on your /loc if you dont move from any given /loc for 30 minutes this would boot you to char select. You can macro up and down all you want but theres always that chance of lag hitting and your macro putting you in a dangerous situation that you really wouldnt want to risk. Safe spot in fear? lag up and walk to far, agro and wipe your guild, GG.

I actually like the 30 min afk boot option if the Devs were willing to add it, tho its not classic.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:21 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From page 1 of this thread, you can see the mindless insults spit from the drawling retards of IB.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Congratulations on being unemployed and available to log on. Dont forget, it takes skill to be unemployed.
?
Closed Thread