Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2010, 10:23 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
g15s and macro programs cant do everythin tho, only spam a certain button/click correct?

So the 30 mins afk timer is based on your /loc if you dont move from any given /loc for 30 minutes this would boot you to char select. You can macro up and down all you want but theres always that chance of lag hitting and your macro putting you in a dangerous situation that you really wouldnt want to risk. Safe spot in fear? lag up and walk to far, agro and wipe your guild, GG.
Exactly. I use wsad to move. I think if someone macroed W or S to their thing and moved back or forward every 30 minutes, they could potentially die or wipe there raid.

A or D would not change your loc... soooo

Edit: although im sure you could set up a nifty macro to move forward a step, then back every other 30 min thing. so i guess it wouldnt work
Old 06-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Fire Giant

sit/stand :|
Old 06-16-2010, 10:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taluvill [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well, the idea would be that you dont camp him at all???

I thought thats what we were all trying to get rid of
I'm not pointing any fingers... but DA has a lot of members to do just that (I made a funny... can you figure it out?).

Agreeing to this rule just makes a guild with a lot of members able to camp it while a smaller guild unable to do it. Make it 100 people and maybe it's something to consider. Camping him with 100 people would sure make camping less likely.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Planar Protector

hint. it was a mythoxxus joke.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:26 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ektar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I'm not pointing any fingers... but DA has a lot of members to do just that (I made a funny... can you figure it out?).

Agreeing to this rule just makes a guild with a lot of members able to camp it while a smaller guild unable to do it. Make it 100 people and maybe it's something to consider. Camping him with 100 people would sure make camping less likely.
"I'm not pointing any fingers... but IB has a lot of members to do just that (I made a funny... can you figure it out?)."

Fixed. But in all seriousness, any argument either guild makes is extremely hypocritical to say the least, so i find this extremely funny in the end.

I do want us to find a solution to this nonsense though. i really do.]

Edit: AFK for a bit. I'll be back to fix this crap like a golden e peen of shining awesomeness in a little bit.
Last edited by Taluvill; 06-16-2010 at 10:28 PM..
Old 06-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
IB has this ridiculous fascination with mobilization. They have it in there head that this some how implies skill when you can "mobilize" to a mob. But the sad reality is and what people don't understand its the same thing as camping a mob out. Only your logging out your character in the next zone over or same zone as the next due raid target. Then you wait for a text to log on. Congratulations on being unemployed and available to log on. Dont forget, it takes skill to be unemployed.

Ayen "Dark Ascension"
If it is indeed the same thing I would think the majority of your members would enjoy utilizing the 1 tracker then moving to the zone instead of having to sit in the zone days at a time.

What you dont seem to understand (or maybe you do and dont want to admit) is that you stand no chance at killing anything if you dont have your entire guild in a zone days before a spawn. What's even more pathetic is your zergathon force has never once had an upper hand on a spawn cycle vs IB. You concede that you cannot move on a target fast enough so you camp it, it's fine I dont have a problem with the practice, I have a problem with your claims that you can match us at "mobilizing" if you had to. You can't, if you could you would. Simple stuff, just admit it and I wont ever say another word about your mass recrutiing newbzergathonage camping extravaganza's.

Xzerion is trying to be nice and work stuff out as best he can, but he is completely right when he says your guild has no organization whatsoever, same as I said back on like page 9 of this thread.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:31 PM
Sarnak

So, one thing I remember doing in Classic EQ, which expanded into Kunark, Luclin, PoP, etc, was dividing high end spawns on a rotation, and then taking the lower end ones and making them a mobile first to encounter FFA. So if you were to rate them on a scale, for instance Inny and CT on rotation, and the rest on a first to encounter FFA it gives you the best of both worlds I think. I didn't read through the entire thread, because I'm new and I don't know the drama, but I think asking for GM interference on things is just a little much. People should be mature enough to allow the guild with the first actual encounter on a boss to have their attempt. Isn't that what it comes down to anyway?

EDIT: I guess you would put the entire plane on Rotation? I'm not sure on the logistics of it all.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:32 PM
Developer

Send a message via AIM to Aeolwind Send a message via MSN to Aeolwind Send a message via Yahoo to Aeolwind

Back on topic, please, trolls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilbog
If all the polls I have done up until now fully counted, you would be playing on some abomination of a PVP server with 2-10 boxing based on votes from people named xcm234nv and adfa234.
Old 06-16-2010, 10:34 PM
VIP / Contributor

I never said that. Quit flaming guys
Old 06-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phallax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
g15s and macro programs cant do everythin tho, only spam a certain button/click correct?

So the 30 mins afk timer is based on your /loc if you dont move from any given /loc for 30 minutes this would boot you to char select. You can macro up and down all you want but theres always that chance of lag hitting and your macro putting you in a dangerous situation that you really wouldnt want to risk. Safe spot in fear? lag up and walk to far, agro and wipe your guild, GG.

I actually like the 30 min afk boot option if the Devs were willing to add it, tho its not classic.
g 15 is fully customizable macros

in wow i had mine queue for BG, click the enter battle button, then move around a couple of squares every now and then so i could AFK honour.

if you put in a kick after idle for xyz, it will just be macros that stop it from kicking in. its hell easy to do.
Closed Thread