Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-17-2019, 07:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think English is mandatory to play on P99, just that if you box and get caught, not speaking English isn't going to be something that you can use as an excuse (i.e. because you couldn't read the rules or that because you can't understand English you couldn't comply with the staff's instructions when they investigate you for boxing)
Well, OP clearly said that GM expect you to understand basic English tho?

My wife does not understand "basic English", ergo we couldn't get an IP exemption if she wanted to try EQ (she almost wanted for Green hehe).

It's okay, I understand the abuse if they don't say that.
But it sucks.
It's like when I lived in Japan and couldn't go into onsen cause i had tattoos even tho the rule is clearly for yakuza.

It's an easy fix to a complex problem, hurting people on the way for the greater good.

But as I said, I understand it. No problem.
Old 10-17-2019, 07:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
All players are expected to be capable of communicating in English and have basic movement skills.
Sorry, not basic English. Just English.
Old 10-18-2019, 04:44 AM
Large Bat

Can this rule also be stretched to apply to account sharing for green? Imagine everyone having to level their own character instead of four or five people on a rotation leveling that same character for some pixels.
Old 10-18-2019, 06:03 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Collins5112 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can this rule also be stretched to apply to account sharing for green? Imagine everyone having to level their own character instead of four or five people on a rotation leveling that same character for some pixels.
I doubt there's a way to police that without triggering way too many false positives.
Old 10-18-2019, 08:02 AM
Planar Protector

Account sharing is are the owner's risk. It's a simple as that.

If you share your account with someone who does something stupid with it and it's banned. It doesn't matter if it wasn't the owner. This is the risk associated with sharing accounts.

I think account sharing is in a very fair place at the moment, risk vs reward. There is still risk depending on who you share your info with.
So if you play stupid games you win stupid prizes.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
blue server - no real reason to box outside of some nerd dominating a camp that 20 other guys are sitting in line to camp... obviously don't want that going on. Buffs aren't a big deal on a blue server unless you are downing some raid encounter with minimum amount of players.
I read this and thought it really didn’t make sense. There are a ton of temptations to box either just for a moment, or for an extended period of time. Granted I agree it’s good p99 has no boxing, and enforces the rule. But acting like there is no reason?! Then I read him say “red server” and stopped reading the rest. Sigh.
Old 10-18-2019, 12:37 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If we could only keep it to one account per player and crack down on sharing characters.
This is a logical fallacy known as a red herring argument. The topic is boxing.
Old 10-18-2019, 01:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menden [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Alrighty folks, with Green arriving soon I wanted to go over boxing. We take this rule extremely seriously and heavily enforce it.

What is boxing exactly? Well, Llandris has it clearly defined in the PNP rules post.

With that I'll reiterate, the one account per person ratio must be maintained at all times while playing on any of our servers, no exception. This doesn't mean you can't own multiple accounts, this just means you can't use them at the same time on the same server.

We get a disgustingly large amount of folks caught boxing saying things like;
  • It was only for a second!
  • I was only transferring an item!
  • I was only porting myself!

This is still boxing.

Other actions that are heavily frowned upon that we will start to enforce are /quitting to quickly switch accounts or letting a second account sit in character select... yes we can see this.

So, in the future if we see this kind of behavior one of the following may happen.
  1. A warning and a mark on your accounts.
  2. IP Exemptions removed.
  3. Boxing 30 day suspension.
  4. Boxing Ban.

Also, remember that at any point in time while playing on our servers, you may be approached by a staff member for a boxing check. Do not camp out or go LD. The faster you comply with instructions, the faster we can let you return to the game if found innocent. All players are expected to be capable of communicating in English and have basic movement skills.
Woah my understanding was that it only counted as boxing if you had two characters in world.

I thought you could have one spinning around on the char select screen as long as the other is camped out before the other enters the world.

But you say it is now/always was a case of just two instances of the 'everquest program' running on the laptop or whatever?

Damn. Well I'm glad I know this. I never used /q unless my character was stuck or had summoned bags or some shit.

Didn't even wanna do transfers with this. Just thought it would be effecient and shit.
Last edited by Tobius; 10-18-2019 at 01:23 PM.. Reason: more deets
Old 10-18-2019, 03:30 PM
Fire Giant

It allowed players with exemptions unfairly fast character switch times. This wasn’t always expressly against the rules and a lot of players did it back then, including me. It was definitely possible to die, or burn a disc or whatever on one character and fast log to the other in maybe 10 seconds or less. People/guilds with an army of characters (and there were/are MANY) could do crazy stuff.

Unsure how it’s policed, and I don’t care to find out!

Myuharin <Force of Will> & Myuharin the Revenant
Quote:
Originally Posted by azeth View Post
6 hybrids in one group.. i believe you may actually LOSE experience per kill.
Closed Thread