Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-27-2021, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

Default With no ID, Money or Phone. Could you survive for a week in a new town?

With no identification to prove you are who you say you are.
Zero starting money, no access to your bank or moms credit card.
Without a phone to call family or for help.

Could you survive for a week in new town, any random town across your country?

You're dropped into a random town with nothing but the clothes on your back and no contacts. Could you survive? or would you ball up and cry.
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:03 PM
Banned

Ops challenge is a piece of cake as you can typically survive longer than a week without food. So it boils down to not being picked up by authorities. It's pretty easy to not be seen.

I'm pretty sure u can find a plastic bottle in the trash to hold water and blend in, hide with ease, with a bare minimum of common sense.

Most people will lose their shit tho.

I bet I could do it one better and find a laptop, wifi, and play some Everquest while "surviving".
Old 05-27-2021, 10:12 PM
Planar Protector

Pretty sure I could survive a week no problem, even if it meant eating out of garbage cans. Human beings are not dying machines.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:17 PM
Banned

If you don't care about going to jail or being free or a mental institution it gets even easier. Like literally almost impossible to die. It'll take them more than a week to run papers on u, slow ass beucratic assholes love getting paid to babysit rejects. You may even get air conditioning and a TV.

Of course it's easy to just get like $20 and get a loaf of bread, some pb n j, anchovies, and water. Maybe jalapeños for the vitamin c. Hang out inside a movie theater watching starwars or w/e.
Old 05-27-2021, 10:18 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't care about going to jail
Three hots and a cot,.. That's cheating tho [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2021, 10:26 PM
Banned

Pretend to work at Walmart staging shelves, walk right out the back /storage area lol. Man we could get creative with it...

Am I allowed to be dressed in a nice suit, clean shaven, and fresh in a business park at the start of all this?

Like I'm a chameleon. Shits boring/ illegal tho (to varying degrees based on scenario) . So I have plenty of legitimate ways to entertain myself during my more stable/ functional moments.

I'm doing yall a public service playing EQ all day.
Last edited by starkind; 05-27-2021 at 10:29 PM..
Old 05-27-2021, 10:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkind [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't care about going to jail or being free or a mental institution it gets even easier. Like literally almost impossible to die. It'll take them more than a week to run papers on u, slow ass beucratic assholes love getting paid to babysit rejects. You may even get air conditioning and a TV.

Of course it's easy to just get like $20 and get a loaf of bread, some pb n j, anchovies, and water. Maybe jalapeños for the vitamin c. Hang out inside a movie theater watching starwars or w/e.
unignore me I sent you a private message

and no its nothing bad
Old 05-27-2021, 10:34 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
unignore me I sent you a private message

and no its nothing bad
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-27-2021, 11:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
With no identification to prove you are who you say you are.
Zero starting money, no access to your bank or moms credit card.
Without a phone to call family or for help.

Could you survive for a week in new town, any random town across your country?

You're dropped into a random town with nothing but the clothes on your back and no contacts. Could you survive? or would you ball up and cry.
Here’s a way involving nothing illegal

Walk to nearest gas station, ask to use their phone, ask for local non-emergent police number

Contact police, request assistance with shelter/food bank resources. They’ll either give you it over the phone or send out a mental health pd unit or social workers to your location to assist you

If they come out, request assistance to the nearest shelter. Upon arrival, find out where the nearest food bank is. There should be one in close distance that is doing 2 free meals a day

If there is no shelter available then they should at least have donated warm clothes and toiletries kits to provide. If sleeping outside, stay roughly around other people but keep to oneself. Don’t make extended eye contact with anyone. You’ll have nothing worth stealing and the chance of being assaulted are still very low

It wouldn’t be a comfortable week but that’s doable for a week
Old 05-27-2021, 11:47 PM
Banned

Quote:

If willing to lie, don’t do the jail route

Walk to gas station, ask to use their phone or ask them to call 911

When talking to PD, tell them you have suicidal thoughts with a plan. When they ask the plan, say it is to walk into traffic. There is no way to safeguard against this plan, so they will have to respond

When talking with them remain adamant that you are going to kill yourself tonight by stepping into traffic. Don’t bring up hospitals. There is a term for what this is, it’s called malingering, which is using the hospitals as shelter. They will already be on guard for it, and bringing up hospitals on your own will remove all doubt that this is malingering

Wait for them to suggest a hospital and then begrudgingly say ok. You’ve bought yourself at least a night, and if you continue to hold to the “I’m going to kill myself as soon as I get out of here” and you have no history of inpatient treatment, potentially longer than a day
Last edited by unsunghero; 05-27-2021 at 11:52 PM..
Closed Thread