Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Old 03-21-2022, 08:00 PM
Planar Protector

Default Red 1.0, not dead? New Ruleset?

What about we just turn item loot on for low level pvp. You can disable it for level 51+ for all I care since those guys seem to be the most worried about getting steamrolled during a raid and losing equipment.

Sure, hardly any new players are going to join because of item loot being turned do.

But at least that way we have a decent server -in theory-

Meaning if a twink comes around in someones mega dreams they could harm touch the guy before a train kills him and take something neat. Regular scrubs wear low end gear no problems there.

I'm ready to play 3hrs a night 4x a week 10pm-1am pacific time with new ruleset, just to gear up my twink good guy.

If someone did want to bring new players to red, I would say we open it up with a special PVP event where character select gives you a level 10 gnome warrior with small bronze bp, legs and vambs and maxxed skills and fine steel long sword and you have a free for all super brawl PVP with instant respawn and you're out of the tournament once you are all out of bronze armor.

Prizes are DE masks, Manastones, Firepots binds, other stupid legacy shit.

Also on the spot guild creation.

Also server agrees to get deleted if less than 60 players show up to the event :P
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-21-2022, 08:29 PM
Sarnak

ok
Old 03-23-2022, 05:26 PM
Banned

I would love a split rules set server.

With itemloot turned off at maybe lvl 48. Stuff like firepot binds forever in. Rubi.

De mask never in.

AoN super randomized and rare off any raid mob.
Old 03-23-2022, 06:53 PM
Planar Protector

Thanks for the pity reply!

I had logged on red and thought "well honestly it would be nice if I didn't have to level up a character again!"

and I imagined how red 1.0 could become good.

Item loot level 1-48 enabled would do it for me.

Any other thoughtful stuff would just be gravy.

Make weighted axe unusable I guess to fix the archery weirdness with minimum effort.

I never considered having item loot for low levels only but its a solution that allows low level PVP to be worth doing without making high level guys complain hard about risk of pixel loss against the fully no drop geared out dragon loot players in the velious era (though I still think its kinda lame)

But I'm willing to concede that in order to make the low level game actually interesting again.

All Hail Nilbog please unilaterally screw with red 1.0 ruleset !
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Excuse me for sounding noob. I just tried to look it up so I don't but I poofed out too quick.

What about a POD like turn in. Doesn't it prevent you from porting with other players? Pod book turn in?

- POD book turn in.

- Can't port but can join a guild.

- Your corpse can now be looted, but it grants you 2 more level range kill above and below.

- Minus 10 percent xp against PVE

- But gives you increased 10 to all resistances in pvp. (Or just in general if coding is annoying.)

- No drop armor adds additional 5 ac per armor piece, with the exception of all quested armor 50 plus. (Velious etc. Not planes.)
Old 03-23-2022, 10:07 PM
Banned

You guys make it hard to just keep lurking with these terrible suggestions. Whatever influx of new people red is having is going to get killed, wait no, nuked with item loot.
Id bet it would even make griefers who stopped playing log back in again to grief people because of the incentive of making griefing fun again.

Theres only one way item loot is going to work: Its if they make the halloween event of 2001 a permanent, recurring event so that everyone can gear up at least one set of no drop loot they can always fall back on. Ideally, something even better than half-assing it and actually taking the time to add no drop pieces to the loot tables. Like one 1-20 set, one 21-40 set, one 41-55 set and one 60 set. Or something. Just copy existing gear of its level range and lower the stats a bit. Put some on trash mobs and the best ones on named/bosses. Or something. Lock the no drop gear to level range.

It will spice up vanilla, make item loot even more viable than it was on live without going too moddy. The no drop halloween event was a thing on live, this is just a variation of it. New people / everyone on the new server can make it a sandbox quest to gotta catch em' all. No more unkillable twinks, if you wanna wear that fungi, better not sleep on the job. It will force most griefers to wear the no drop gear and be mostly on equal footing with newbs/casuals, greatly reducing the harm they can do. RMT is now unviable.

Good gear when you roll with a crew, no drop in risky/solo situations. The eve motto: Dont fly what you cant afford to lose.

Thanks for coming to my TED talk.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-23-2022 at 10:37 PM..
Old 03-23-2022, 10:56 PM
Fire Giant

I was trying to make incentive to keep PKs around but at least slow them down. Making anyone who enters into POD mode, item lootable. Which would only be PKs who do this. Maybe some high levels.

/shrugs

Hopefully one day Ill come back and be someone who has played a bit, but is still some how a professional part time noob.
Old 03-23-2022, 10:59 PM
Banned

Last edit before 30 minutes edit window didnt go through:

This will make pvp more fun and balanced across the board. It will create the economy that made Gfay the central hub on live people never got to experience on red. With a little more tweaks like this, it could be the dream red server that could have been.

Just with that no drop item loot setup it will be 10X better than red was at launch, making a stable high pop a more likely possibility. Launching a red server with plain item loot or adding it to red right now without an opt-in would be a disaster. Better off keeping it that way / lauching a new red with plain FFA no xp loss.
Last edited by Tradesonred; 03-23-2022 at 11:02 PM..
Old 03-23-2022, 11:56 PM
Fire Giant

Let EQ PvP die for fucks sake. No one wants to keep fighting the same 50 nerds for the next 10 years
Old 03-24-2022, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Item loot can’t have opt in.

No drop gear like 01 Halloween is a good idea, but now we’re getting custom.

I haven’t seen much influx of noobs and I’ll buy a consumer cellular cellphone and allow myself to be batphoned during work hours to buff noobs at unrest if any PKs from 9 years ago start making life miserable for the 2 new players lol.

If item loot is engaged I will be playing a twink PK fighter and there might be other dork wads like me. It won’t derail anything since the train is already smoldering in its own burning cargo at the bottom of a ravine.

But it might get people like me interested again.

If the sparse noobs aren’t hunted for their gold in unrest they won’t be hunted for their dime a dozen lvl 30ish mob drop items like gator scale arms. There’s no one to even sell that stuff to and with item loot the cost just goes down on droppables.

I’m just not sure how to respond to people that don’t want anyone tampering with our comfortably flat lined existing sever.
Lost but not forgotten.