Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2019, 06:43 PM
Fire Giant

Wu's Staff is a very solid weapon. For an upgrade here, I think IFS is more fun and certainly lighter than the Peacebringer. But after a certain point you won't be using 2hers very often at all. I'd get a Jade Mace or two to keep your 1hb skill up, start saving your pennies for SoS and haste upgrades later on, and nurture friendships with people that might someday help you with your epic fights.

An easy upgrade would be Targishin's Bone Mask, but I wouldn't spend money on it unless you see it cheap.

Good luck
<The Second Sons>
Old 01-24-2019, 03:30 AM
Planar Protector

Almost high enough to solo targishin. In 30s you can go to kaesora. Don't jump down, instead time the bobs of your lev at low dos to float up, jam yourself into the corner to prevent down Bob and repeat to slowly scale the wall to the exit room.

To do this you'll need to spend a few levels in South karana to get quillmane. Just do the paw claw gnolls and kill the lioness/elephant that path through the claw to trigger her.

Once you have the lev cloak and levels to do kaesora you can zone out occasionally to kill targishin.
Old 01-24-2019, 09:20 AM
Kobold

Agreed on the continue to save for IFS. Your gear is fine for now. An IFS will be a significant damage increase and carry you to 50.

As mentioned, be sure to camp raster 45-47. Bring lots of bandaids and you're gear should be fine to do the camp solo after you learn to break it.
Old 01-24-2019, 03:33 PM
Planar Protector

I always enjoyed the Peacebringer more because its faster, with the IFS when you get a unlucky streak it feels really really really bad.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-24-2019, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

Also, don't worry too much about weight. The mitigation difference between say 15 and 40 isnt that large when youre low level.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:03 PM
Kobold

This is all amazing info everyone!

Based on the feedback, aiming to get an IFS? as my next upgrade and not buying anything till that (might still get Peacebringer, i have awhile to decide, still heavily leaning IFS). I have since looted 3 Shralok Packs as well. (Not going to worry about the weight for these levels.)

Definitely going to camp Raster when i can still get exp around 45.

Also amazing info about Kaesora. I'll see about leveling in S Karana to get lucky and then killing that skele for a mask when im appropriately leveled.
Old 01-24-2019, 07:50 PM
Planar Protector

Saving for the IFS shouldn't be a problem for you. A level 40 monk with a Wu's staff can solo exp hill giants until 51. You can make a lot of plat doing only that if that's your thing.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:52 PM
Kobold

Hey everyone! Wanted to give an update! I’m now level 37. I sold most of my enchanters gear (got lucky looting quite a few forest loop earrings too) and got an IFS at 30 or 31? I killed Targishin and finally got his mask. I’ve now saved around 3k thanks to high keep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] since I’m still quite a ways from 50/51 I’m thinking about getting Jboots or tink bag next. I’ll see how I feel around the 6k mark. (Don’t have the time commitment to camp AC)

Never went to s Karana for Levi cloak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Thanks for everyone’s input! Hope to see you out there!