Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 01:45 PM
Large Bat

Default New to p99

Hola all,

I just joined p99 a few days ago, coincidentally, it was on my 39th birthday (nostalgia mebbe?), after many years of flirting with the thought of joining.

But I am curious, as I've not, ever, looked deeply into this project and am having difficulty locating past threads on the matter. I thought that it was legit vanilla, no expansions, so I was wondering, when did this change, what was the progression of moving onto the Kunark and then, inevitably, Velious expansions? And are there talks of furthering it? (I hope not, I'd sub to EQ if I wanted a progression server)

P.S I'm Amhairghin, and can be found around Black Burrow and soon the Karanas if you want to look me up for grouping.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:15 PM
Aviak

To my knowledge, P99 has always been intended to be a "classic" server, defined as everything in Vanilla, Kunark and Velious up until the very last pre-Luclin patch. Luclin will never happen on P99, so you can rest easy on that front!

I'm not super knowledgeable on the details of expansion timing, though obviously things take longer to implement here than they did on Live (the staff is 100% volunteer, so this makes sense.) I believe the ultimate goal is to get everything set up such that a new server can be launched that can progress from launch through the first two expansions with the same patch timeline as happened back in 1999-2001. This is known colloquially as the "green" server. There is no ETA on this.

Hope that helps!
Last edited by E-Queue; 01-21-2019 at 02:24 PM..
Old 01-21-2019, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

The progression took a long time, but the intention was always to create a server that stayed at Velious. There are a couple more patches left, check out the timeline on the wiki to see all the dates.