Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Priests

Closed Thread

Old 01-09-2019, 12:13 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Solo Shaman leveling spots..24-29/30ish (dungeons?)

Hello. I recently got my shaman to level 24 on aviaks in lake rathe.

I then moved to SK to hunt elephants/aviaks/cents, and I'm finding it really boring and not really conducive to my play (I tend to take lots of short breaks to watch hulu or youtube videos) - having to run around and con mobs isn't ideal for me.

So, I was wondering if anyone might be able to suggest any static spawns to camp on a shaman from 24-29 or 30? ANy ideas on dungeon static spawns for the xp bonus?

On a somewhat related note, I'm going to have to buy myself a jbb once I hit 45. I'm planning to save up at least a few k of that money camping treants from 30-34ish. Where else might I go to be able to get enough money to buy JBB before/when I hit 45?

Thanks for your time!
Old 01-21-2019, 02:11 PM
Kobold

For solo static mobs: Najena, the 3 skeleton area. If you have downtime between spawns kill the spiders up the ramps and/or the froglok ghoul outside Najena's room.

Then at 29 Sol A group or solo, trash mobs can drop decent vendor cash loot.

If you are troll or ogre, I recommend binding outside Neriak for easy access to bank and short run back to the dungeons.As a troll, get the snare necklace whilst in the neighbourhood.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:46 PM
Planar Protector

The wiki's Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature) has a ton of ideas. If you're looking for static spots in particular it seems like you could do ...
  • SK treants (you don't have to travel far and they drop good loot, although they hurt druid/ranger factions)
  • Faeries in Lesser Faydark
  • Alligators in Cazic Thule
  • Cougars in Iceclad (they're not static but there's safe areas to AFK and there's so many cougars they're super easy to find, unlike SK)
  • Brute Caves in WW
  • Giant skeletons in Rathe Mountains (don't have to travel too far, and while they're not quite static again its a place with a small area and lots of mobs that are easy to find, plus plenty of safe AFK areas)
  • Centaurs in SK (again, don't have to go far)
  • Sisters Island in Ocean of Tears (Good loot, and it hurts Faydwer faction but if you're an evil shaman who cares?)
  • Kerra Island (the real one, not the one in-between Erudin and Qeynos that everyone mistakenly calls Kerra Island)

Personally if I were you and I wasn't a Barbarian I'd do the Treants. If I was a Barb (or Treants were taken) I'd do the Centaurs. Both are already in-zone. If both were taken I'd do the giant skeletons in Rathe Mountains, and then if you just didn't like any of those camps I'd move on to one of the others I mentioned that requires going more than two zones away.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 01-21-2019 at 02:50 PM..
Old 01-21-2019, 02:47 PM
Planar Protector

45 you can do kelethin guards for xp and huge plat. Just focus on leveling now. You want to be in upper guk. Big easy dungeon with huge zem can do to mid 30s then move to unrest hag tower
Old 01-21-2019, 02:50 PM
Aviak

Perhaps Cazic Thule (zone) Alligators. check the level on them before you go though. They come in 2's if you use the tunnel, I think 1 pack of 3. essentially use root to single pull. They have social aggro and can run, so be careful. I think I went from Kurns to 25 > Alligators to 29-30 > SK Treants to 33 ....
Alligators and SK treants are static spawns, and a fast respawn timer... so youll have to see if you like that.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:07 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by workbench [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Perhaps Cazic Thule (zone) Alligators. check the level on them before you go though. They come in 2's if you use the tunnel, I think 1 pack of 3. essentially use root to single pull. They have social aggro and can run, so be careful. I think I went from Kurns to 25 > Alligators to 29-30 > SK Treants to 33 ....
Alligators and SK treants are static spawns, and a fast respawn timer... so youll have to see if you like that.

I've never tried cazic thule for anything, so that sounds interesting. I've just tried to get down to the aligators using the well marked number 5 on the 'Courtyard' section of the Cazic thule maps, and immediately got chased away by several alligators. Is there another way down there? Should I find an invis or something?
Old 01-21-2019, 04:19 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The wiki's Per-Level Hunting Guide (link in my signature) has a ton of ideas. If you're looking for static spots in particular it seems like you could do ...
  • SK treants (you don't have to travel far and they drop good loot, although they hurt druid/ranger factions)
  • Faeries in Lesser Faydark
  • Alligators in Cazic Thule
  • Cougars in Iceclad (they're not static but there's safe areas to AFK and there's so many cougars they're super easy to find, unlike SK)
  • Brute Caves in WW
  • Giant skeletons in Rathe Mountains (don't have to travel too far, and while they're not quite static again its a place with a small area and lots of mobs that are easy to find, plus plenty of safe AFK areas)
  • Centaurs in SK (again, don't have to go far)
  • Sisters Island in Ocean of Tears (Good loot, and it hurts Faydwer faction but if you're an evil shaman who cares?)
  • Kerra Island (the real one, not the one in-between Erudin and Qeynos that everyone mistakenly calls Kerra Island)

Personally if I were you and I wasn't a Barbarian I'd do the Treants. If I was a Barb (or Treants were taken) I'd do the Centaurs. Both are already in-zone. If both were taken I'd do the giant skeletons in Rathe Mountains, and then if you just didn't like any of those camps I'd move on to one of the others I mentioned that requires going more than two zones away.

Thanks for the suggestions. I looked at the per-level guide, but it isn't real clear for the most part what spawns are static or anything like that.

Can you tell me more about Kerra Island? I've been considering giving that a try as it would be completely new, but I've never had a character even set foot on toxx, so don't know a whole lot about that area. Would there be a safe place for an ogre to more-or-less afk?
Old 01-21-2019, 04:22 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
45 you can do kelethin guards for xp and huge plat. Just focus on leveling now. You want to be in upper guk. Big easy dungeon with huge zem can do to mid 30s then move to unrest hag tower
Would you recommend any particular progression of camps in uguk? I was down there with a group at the lguk zoneline and there were a lot of green mobs, and that seemed to be pretty deep in the dungeon to me
Closed Thread