Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 04:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At the top of the Chr buff section it lists +55 (Shaman/Enchanter). It should only state (Shaman).

Sorry the server isn't letting me make an account currently to edit.
That's actually correct, but it was confusing, so thank you for mentioning it!

The problem was that the different buff lines don't have official names. I think Verant had official "slots" for them, but I haven't found a good reference for what buffs go in what slots, so that doesn't help. What you're seeing is the name of the buff line, which I called "Enchanter and Shaman" ... even though the top buff in that line is a Shaman-only spell.

To avoid such confusion I'm moving away from class-based names for buff lines, and in this specific case I re-named the line to "Primary" (since it is the primary Charisma buff line). If you see any other buff lines where the name is confusing like this please let me know and I'll fix it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the best [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wizard epic does all kinds of magical things and is far better than manaskin.
I've added Barrier of Force (the Staff of the Four/Wizard Epic buff) to both the damage absorbtion and mana regen sections. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbosilk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Bards Cantana is also mana regen and stacks with Cassindra's. Per the wiki Cassindra's can be pulsed 2x per tick so that mana regen is double the 7.
This one is tricky, so I'm really glad you brought it to my attention. Thanks!

Although it is technically a buff (Allakhazam assures me it lasts three ticks) the way it works (ie. the fact that it can be "pulsed" and the fact that it stacks with other Bards) means that in practice it works a lot more like a direct mana injection. Think about the Necromancer "twitch" line: it too gives more mana if you spam it (with a cooldown-reducing item), and multiple Necromancers can "stack" together.

Also, if it truly was a buff, than when you pulse it everyone should see two icons for it, and when you have multiple bards in the group you should see lots of icons ... but I'd imagine that you only ever see one. Plus, if you were actually re-casting it repeatedly your mana should go up by more: instead of giving 7 mana every time you cast it it should give 7 mana the first tick, then 14 the next tick (when you repeat it, but the first one is still going), then 21 the next tick, then 21 for every further tick as long as you keep "pulsing".

In other words, if I understand it correctly (and I might not be; my lack of bard knowledge is showing here) it's a buff that doesn't act like one. The best way I could fit that into the guide was to double the amount of mana Cantana gives (at max), and add a note about how multiple bards stack. But I'd really appreciate any feedback from experienced bards about whether I have this right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misek84 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cold Resist
White flower stacks with Circle of Summer but not cold resists

Poison Resist
Green Flower Stacks with Resist Poison and Talisman of Shadoo
Added, thank you!

Logically one would expect that the same would be true for Fire Resist (ie. Red Flower and Circle of Winter), and for Disease Resist (the Black Flower and Talisman of Jasinth/Resist Disease). But Verant wasn't always logical [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Does anyone know how those two work? Also does anyone know if anything stacks with the blue (magic resist) flower? Currently it seems like the worst flower (it's the only one that gets beaten by a player-castable buff), but if it stacked with group resist magic that would make it a whole lot better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Maybe another enchanter can chime in for the higher level spells but beserker strength/rampage line of spells stacks with rune spells (upto rune 3 at least). So the max should be those two lines added I believe.
I have split the Berserker/Bedlam buffs into their own buff line. Thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubiczar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Edit: Also again maybe another enchanter can chime in on the stacking of Feedback? 11pt dmg shield should be targetable but I have no info on stacking cause I haven't gotten the research parts yet to try it out.
I'll wait on making this change until I get a stronger confirmation from an experienced Enchanter.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Closed Thread