Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-22-2019, 04:01 AM
Planar Protector

Real men pass through HHP and pray for light in Kith (however if dark then you roll the dice anyways).
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 01-22-2019, 11:04 AM
Aviak

I hate to say the obvious, but you should have a light source like a greater lightstone or something in the beginning. When you switched to DE illusion in zones it was a lot better. In the beginning I'm surprised that you could even see where you were going.

The whole point is to enjoy the views and nostalgia, so I wouldn't doubt that the video would be even better if so.

I greatly enjoyed this video with the music--it was very well done. It makes me think about why we play video games and the performative aspect of them to be shared that seems to be more and more important from each day, rather than just a pursuit we know for ourselves.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

I use duxaui and couldn't imagine going back to vanilla [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Also I split the text spam in at least two chat windows; one for people talking (say, group, ooc, guild, etc.) and another for everything else.
But you do you, I was just teasing [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I will try to test the three routes see how different in length they are!
Old 01-22-2019, 12:02 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I hate to say the obvious, but you should have a light source like a greater lightstone or something in the beginning. When you switched to DE illusion in zones it was a lot better. In the beginning I'm surprised that you could even see where you were going.

The whole point is to enjoy the views and nostalgia, so I wouldn't doubt that the video would be even better if so.

I greatly enjoyed this video with the music--it was very well done. It makes me think about why we play video games and the performative aspect of them to be shared that seems to be more and more important from each day, rather than just a pursuit we know for ourselves.
The funny thing is in game its bright then any video I make its really dark. I cant figure out why that happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2019, 12:14 PM
Fire Giant

This is supposed to be a challenge for a level 1. Who cares about just watching a bard run? I dont get it
Old 01-22-2019, 12:40 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The funny thing is in game its bright then any video I make its really dark. I cant figure out why that happens [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You probably have it that when EQ launches the gamma of the entire screen goes way up and gets super dark, so that it looks good in game, but if you tab out into a webpage its very faded and light. That change is only reflected in how it appears to you on the screen, because it's how the monitor displays it to you, not recorded in an image file. So it isn't reflected when you capture it in video. I turned my gamma way up while watching your video and it got better. (In reality I started EQ and just tabbed out to watch your video)

They way it shows in the video on Youtube, is I believe how it was supposed to look in classic, for races without infravision. I remember people walking blind into entire camps of monsters because they couldn't see. It's only now with turning up the gamma that everything is much easier.
Last edited by Lysander; 01-22-2019 at 12:46 PM..
Old 01-22-2019, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taer [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would have thought EK - > Gorge->Runneye->MT->RV - > Kith would have been faster then the ramp, HHP, KITH
Going through the Gorge is definitely faster.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...0&postcount=29
Closed Thread