Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Screenshots

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2018, 03:42 PM
Kobold

Default Requesting help with uploading pictures to the wiki

Hey everyone. Recently a friend and I had fun spawning the legendary Terrorantula, and I had the good fortune of a sand giant in south ro around the same time; this lent itself to some epic fighting pictures of the terrorantula with a giant for size comparison (I had the terrorantula charmed). I also have a good one of the terrorantula sitting on top of the wizard port-in.

Here's what I need help with: I want to upload these pictures, not replace what's there on the wiki, but to add to it. The terrorantula deserves better representation. I don't know any coding, though, so when I would try to copy the coding from a good looking page and simply replace the linked images, the formatting would be totally screwed up because of how large the image was and I'd end up with vomit. I played around with it to the best I could, but it never turned out well.

Knowing how to do this, or being able to reference a guide / share with others, would make "legendary creature hunting" a more fun activity. I'd love to get some fresh pictures of rare monsters up on the wiki, and I'm not the only one!

My goal is to have a nice little thumbnail style picture that can be clicked on to display the larger full sized image. Thanks for any help / advice you can give.
Old 11-06-2018, 04:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfer777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Here's what I need help with: I want to upload these pictures, not replace what's there on the wiki, but to add to it. The terrorantula deserves better representation. I don't know any coding, though, so when I would try to copy the coding from a good looking page and simply replace the linked images, the formatting would be totally screwed up because of how large the image was and I'd end up with vomit. I played around with it to the best I could, but it never turned out well.
To add a new image to the wiki you first add the code:
Code:
[[File: ImageFileName.png]]
When you save that you won't see your image, but you will see a red link that takes you to a page where you can upload your image.

Once you do that, you can extra options separated with this character:
Code:
|
to further control the image. For instance, to make it so the image appears no bigger than 200 pixels wide you could write:
Code:
[[File: ImageFileName.png|200px]]
For a full list of all of the options you can use see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Pictures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfer777 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knowing how to do this, or being able to reference a guide / share with others, would make "legendary creature hunting" a more fun activity. I'd love to get some fresh pictures of rare monsters up on the wiki, and I'm not the only one!
To start a new guide simply go to the wiki's guide page (http://wiki.project1999.com/Players:Adventure), edit it, and add a link to your guide under the appropriate section (your's sounds like a "Misc Guide" to me). Just like with the image code, this will create a red link to your guide's page ... which doesn't exist yet. Click on that link and then go edit the page it takes you to to create your guide.

Quote:
My goal is to have a nice little thumbnail style picture that can be clicked on to display the larger full sized image.
See the "thumb" option on the page I linked above.

Hope that helps.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-06-2018, 08:34 PM
Kobold

Thank you so much! I didn't think to use wikipedia's picture uploading site to learn from. This should be just what I need [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread