Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 02:53 PM
Fire Giant

If safety is a concern really nothing beats PoM rats.... They a non-kos, can easily separated to fight them solo and avoid pathers, and have no abilities (spells or procs)

The downsize is the rat tunnel is mind numbing after 1 or 2 levels let alone 5 or 6

As for monk you have feign pretty much anything that doesn't include spell casters is completely safe
Old 12-04-2018, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

I'm not sure if a mid 50s monk can effectively solo rats for exp. I more meant high 40s to 54 on forest.

“We spread the time as we can, but in the end the world takes it all back.”
[60 Assassin] Ricquire (Wood Elf)
Old 12-12-2018, 11:54 AM
Fire Giant

I went to the Hole at 54 on my Monk and still there now and enjoying it. Would recommend getting some decent resist gear as the casters can nuke pretty hard but low hp so if you resist spells you drop them fast. Most mobs relatively low HP and never really busy. Another fungi monk makes a great duo at Rats.. Good Hole guides on the Wiki and in Server Chat right now as well make learning curve much easier.

Also, I think it’s worth getting Paineel Faction so you can vendor and bank plus take the teleporter out(Erudin Docks much faster than Warren). It’s not too bad of a run with Voidance if you get a FD fail or spell hit you after you flop. Also lot of underutilized vendors in Paineel for recharges and enough vendor trash to keep all your nets recharged and I’ve even been adding some plat to the bank.

What level do you think an Epic/TStaff/SOS/Fungi Monk can start to solo Rat Maze? Never been to PoM and would like to check it out. If I do go on Monk, I should probably bring my Enchanter so that I can bind and run in bandages correct?

Thanks,
Barlu/Larrybird
Old 12-13-2018, 01:23 AM
Sarnak

Get a necro and duo the arena ogres in neriaka. Just keep shadowbond up and have the necro summon a rogue pet and youre good to go. Blue to 60
Old 12-16-2018, 12:48 PM
Sarnak

I soloed the spirocs in TD until 52, then you can go solo LDC's or something like that. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-26-2018, 01:50 PM
Fire Giant

I'd say pom rats are 58+ for a solo monk.
Old 12-27-2018, 09:59 AM
Planar Protector

I hate soloing. Of all the melee classes monks have it the best but I’d honestly just find a duo buddy - any priest class (or necro) will do.
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 12-27-2018, 02:49 PM
Planar Protector

I didn't solo pom, but solb was awesome on a monk. Bandage merchant nearby in LS too, not sure if BW trick still works but soloing went by pretty quick with epic and IFS.
Closed Thread