Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2018, 01:53 PM
Banned

Never underestimate the value of regular level 4 mez used in conjuction with mesmerization.
Old 12-18-2018, 04:32 AM
Fire Giant

first spell gem slot for swaps, u should know GCD works bad with which spells, e.g. blanket, calm

never mem slow permanently, because u can mem in first slot/GCD reset/cast almost instantly

blanket of forgiveness is severely underrated and underused

chanters who blame tanks for not being a good taunter, sorry but you are the shitty player who doesn't know crap about chanter spells

calm is very useful, but most chanters only use it for pulls

mezmerization > fascination in almost every way, it's so cheap that it can be used to chain mez singles which means you don't have to mem lvl 4 mez

memorize the casting time for each spell so you can pick the right ae stun and get a cast off after (e.g. short ae sun for mez/root, longer stun for memblur/recharm)

if allure works use it, boltrons doesn't make ur charm more reliable (some idiot told me to always use boltrons). i know allure takes longer, but one of the ae stun will give you enough time to cast allure without getting hit
Last edited by wagorf; 12-18-2018 at 04:34 AM..
Old 12-18-2018, 09:19 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
first spell gem slot for swaps, u should know GCD works bad with which spells, e.g. blanket, calm

never mem slow permanently, because u can mem in first slot/GCD reset/cast almost instantly

chanters who blame tanks for not being a good taunter, sorry but you are the shitty player who doesn't know crap about chanter spells

mezmerization > fascination in almost every way, it's so cheap that it can be used to chain mez singles which means you don't have to mem lvl 4 mez

memorize the casting time for each spell so you can pick the right ae stun and get a cast off after (e.g. short ae sun for mez/root, longer stun for memblur/recharm)

if allure works use it, boltrons doesn't make ur charm more reliable (some idiot told me to always use boltrons). i know allure takes longer, but one of the ae stun will give you enough time to cast allure without getting hit

Word I just picked up my Gazhugi ring yesterday! So now I don't need to have invis up every time, and was also curious if honestly having the AE mez spell Mesmerization would actually kind of render lvl 4 Mesmerize useless, or at least heavily mitigated, maybe only having the longer Mez spells up with AE mez? Or room for another stun spell etc...
Old 12-18-2018, 11:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killval [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Word I just picked up my Gazhugi ring yesterday! So now I don't need to have invis up every time, and was also curious if honestly having the AE mez spell Mesmerization would actually kind of render lvl 4 Mesmerize useless, or at least heavily mitigated, maybe only having the longer Mez spells up with AE mez? Or room for another stun spell etc...
i think it's situational. at kings camp i would not use mesmerization at all let alone replace single mez cuz you get resists easy even at 60 and you may get multiples on you.

enthrall/dazzle in a typical grouping or relax solo is quite overkill. i mostly use them for tough camps where adds are hard to mez, or solo camps where adds are lvl 51+ so they dont summon me
Old 12-19-2018, 02:45 AM
Sarnak

1- Mesmerize
2- Mesmerization
3- Tash - switched for buffs
4- Root
5- Slow - Switch for Lull's
6- ToT
7- AoE stun
8- Charm - Switch for blanket

Hot key them all numbers 1-8
Rod of GCD is set to E

Lifes good [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Gabronth
15 Human Paladin
Old 12-19-2018, 04:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're being lacking details here. I've played 'enchanter' on a cleric before, are you talking about casting root/calm/memblur on an add in camp so it just stands there without attacking or casting on anyone?
Old 12-19-2018, 08:16 AM
Kobold

Quote:
But only Boltrans gives you the time to Stun, Tash, Recharm

Vallon Zek (1999-2003) <Boten der Apokalypse, House T'Sai, Innoruuk's Legion, Orden des Lichts, Ancient Orden, Ancient Dawn>
[65 Barb SHM] Stear | [54 DE CLR] Palanthas
Old 12-19-2018, 08:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're being lacking details here. I've played 'enchanter' on a cleric before, are you talking about casting root/calm/memblur on an add in camp so it just stands there without attacking or casting on anyone?

If you calm all the relevant mobs you can pull singles forever. The agro radius is so small that you could fight singles forever as long as you can calm the mobs. With gnome vision, good charisma, and patience you are the best dungeon soloer in the game because of it and the rest of the enchanter kit.
Old 12-19-2018, 08:25 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Speaking in absolutes is a bad idea in this game and particularly bad as an enchanter. Fundamentally, the enchanter kit is to broad and can cover so many scenarios that a large part of being successful is knowing what kit you want for a given fight. For example, I often don’t mem ToT in PoM because there are so few casters.

For certain fights (DS in HS, for example), I will put up 3-4’spells I use only rarely and then men different spells during the fight so that I can deal with different things she does.

Thay being said, once I hit 60 and my mana pool hit 3500 plus, I think I have memmed allure a handful of times. It’s just not better than Boltran’s in almost any way once your mana pool can handle it.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:59 AM
Banned

My standard solo loadout (say for something easy, like NG):

1- Mesmerize
2- Mesmerization
3- Shift
4- Skew
5- Root
6- ToT
7- Bedlam / charm on breaks
8- Swap

1-4 almost never change. When charming mobs that can summon I like to take a conservative approach and just aoe stun / aoe mez on charm breaks and limit the chances of taking any unnecessary damage. It gives me time to re-charm, re-bedlam, re-root, re-tash, whatever may be going on.

I used to do the stun ----> Boltran's thing. I could see it being useful still on fights where you've got to get something dead ASAP. Most of my solo / small group play doesn't require that...but I don't do anything super difficult (DS, Cliff Golems, BM, etc).
Closed Thread