Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 10:50 PM
Sarnak

Default 57 Ranger solo

Getting very solid & *safe* xp fear kiting the polar bear pits in perma frost. Just finished my 2nd lvl down here. I do a mix of root rotting/archery/face tanking for spiders. Fear the wolves and bears. Used to use lull animal to split but have found it's easier to just root/snare to split. Also finding that if it's an animal then it's only worth snaring/fearing. Save all my mana for buffs and for spiders.

Had some trouble finding a safe but efficient spot after the Guano Camp in SolB stopped wielding worthwhile xp. I tried Cobalt scar wyvern bow kiting. I did a bunch of raptor island killing in TD. None of it was horrible, but the polar bear camp is great.

Just curious if anyone else has tried this camp on Ranger or maybe some other melee classes? Would be curious how they solo it as well or maybe some other tips. Haven't worked the nerve up to do bottom level yet. Also have been afraid to leave incase I cant get back.
Old 12-21-2018, 10:55 PM
Sarnak

Sounds pretty unique. Do you have Earthcaller?
Old 12-21-2018, 11:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanderTruewield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Sounds pretty unique. Do you have Earthcaller?
I do. I have a pretty good set up, both epics, sky cloak & bow, tolan's bracer & fungi. No denying the armor definitely helps. I doubt I could keep an entire floor clear consistently without. I also probably couldn't set up permanently in zone without the tolan's, the arrows are essential. I do think Rangers without most of those items though could keep half the floor clear, specifically the side with only 1 spider (potentially 0). Would be longer fights but snare and fear are easy on the mana pool.
Old 12-22-2018, 12:06 AM
Sarnak

I may have to try that area out myself (58 Ranger).

You know, when I'm not parked in Sky making sure I don't lose keys.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:17 AM
Planar Protector

Late 50s I did Lesser Fay brownie guards, Karnors Castle, Velks frenzied broodling, facetanking wyverns in cs and the hunter/forager cycles in trakanon's teeth.

You're probably at the best XP spot already as it stands.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:10 AM
Banned

How long did it take to get to 60 doing that?
Old 12-22-2018, 03:45 PM
Fire Giant

get non-kos cov faction and fear kite rhinos and mammoths in west wastes

i feel like with epics/fungi/sky cloak you could solo literally anywhere...
Old 12-22-2018, 09:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
get non-kos cov faction and fear kite rhinos and mammoths in west wastes

i feel like with epics/fungi/sky cloak you could solo literally anywhere...
Oh yea I tried that for a while. Very easy, just like the bear pits, but Took foreverrrrrr to kill those things and they made the most obnoxious sound when you hit them. Brought back horrible repressed memories of Quillmane PH farming. Also those big wurms are nasty nasty nasty.
Old 12-22-2018, 10:46 PM
Fire Giant

ahh, well, best advice i can give is that 57-60 is gonna suck regardless. but i'd advise against soloing in KC... 50+ is a nightmare for everyone but especially for classes/poorer players that can't solo. let them get all the mobs they can in effectively the only practical 50+ zone to group in the game.
Old 12-22-2018, 11:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sox7d [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
effectively the only practical 50+ zone to group in the game.
Uh, I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree with you there. KC is where the scrubs who can't level without the ability to run to the zone at the slightest hint of trouble play, and after 55 it's half light blue. HS, Sebilis, and even Chardok are far superior at that point.
Closed Thread