Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2019, 09:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lysander [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is very enlightening for me, not because I am going to do this but because once i was minding my own business in HS entrance, when all of the sudden 6 mobs, including the North boss, the Crypt Keeper suddenly teleport into the entrance and decide to harmtouch our cleric, enchanter and me. We some how managed to kill the train and get a free West key, but I always wondered how the hell that train came after us so suddenly, and who was responsible.

I bet someone naughty was doing this trick and was slow to camp. or maybe north is much smaller so the mobs have time to come out a little bit.

Anyways, just sharing a story. If you do this beware if you train and kill someone. Especially in North since that wing is tiny.
Possible. But it's also possible that you got a train because of the teleporters in the backs of the wings. NPCs who are fleeing will take the teleporters (though aggrod-but-not-fleeing and unaggrod NPCs will not), which zaps then to the entrance and causes general chaos.
Old 01-09-2019, 04:11 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Click the link in my signature, and watch the HS south videos, besides the advice in this thread already. Also search or flip back through this forum section. There are at least a few other threads where people ask about similar things that are full of tips and stuff.

Edit - looks like I only have one video in south, but it's 3 hours long. I can't really remember what all I do in there, but in sure it shows me killing the stuff you want to farm while discussing how to do so.
Aye, think I watched it already. It's a good resource for how to handle the camp but iirc it doesn't say how to get to it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nordbear [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Aye, think I watched it already. It's a good resource for how to handle the camp but iirc it doesn't say how to get to it [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gotcha. Sorry. I've done so many videos in HS, many of which arent around anymore, that I can't always remember what is on any given one.

When I was in there frequently, I was definitely using the gnome trick to get in and calming live stuff to ivu to the camp, looking through walls to watch for pathers (I used bind sight to learn things initially in safety), as others said. I only used corpsed keys for CRs if I couldn't reach from outside or the tunnels, or didn't want to run to the outpost to get my backup charisma gear/dots/water, or if I needed to quickly corpse loot and get back in fast, etc.

Sometimes it was worth it to kill live or slime mobs near entrance until they respawned undead even, but that was a long time ago when it was just a few soloers going into south usually. Not sure if groups come through more often now and wipe out everything.

When you want a change of pace, try hs east. The back room is harder to get into than south but if you're just killing one PH per cycle, the fight is as safe in east and with less competition. I'm sure I detail getting in and the camp in the video I did of it. It might be part of a DS video.
Old 01-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Para99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One last suggestion:

This is primarily for long term key corpsing once you start using zomm to get into the wings but still want a key to occasionally bring multiple other people in easily or for a really easy CR.

Use deathfist belts/bone chips to get a toon to level 5, I used a halfling rogue for sneak/hide. Some form of invis will be handy. Get the level 5 toon a port to Skyfire and run to OT outpost, you have to be level 5 to zone into OT. Get a bind up against the outpost wall preferably on the ocean side. Put your key(s) on this toon and run into the cliff golem.

Now every week when you need to recorpse your key(s) you log into the level 5, run straight into the cliff golem, log out. It takes about 1 minute total to loot your last corpse and make a new one. You will delevel to 4 but as long as you don't ever zone out of OT you're fine.

It is much less of a hassle than making sure your enchanter is in OT and corpsing yourself + rebuffing every week. It's also a great way to corpse lore items quickly.
Ooh, sneaky. I'd never thought of this.

Then again, you need to get the keys to the chanter when needed. And I often needed to corpse lore items when I had keys on me too so it was happening anyway.
Old 01-11-2019, 07:59 PM
Kobold

Another trick that's not exclusive to HS and some people probably know but I've never seen mentioned - If you aren't using keys and only need to get 1 other person in with you you can use Boon + Zomm to get them through doors for most races. With the 3 minute recast on Boon it's not practical to do it for several people at once or for someone that can't pull off the trick in 1 or 2 tries for whatever reason.

Most races, from trolls to half elfs, can also double shrink, get wedged in door, camp to cancel shrink, log back in and use Zomm to get in. Sounds like a hassle but much easier than getting summoned through doors. Bard shrink + zomm is even better because you don't have to camp to cancel it.

Not sure about getting naturally small races like gnomes through but I wouldn't be surprised if using the Boon trick in reverse worked for them, that one I've never personally done. A locked door in Befallen is a good place to find out if it works or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tecmos Deception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

When you want a change of pace, try hs east. The back room is harder to get into than south but if you're just killing one PH per cycle, the fight is as safe in east and with less competition. I'm sure I detail getting in and the camp in the video I did of it. It might be part of a DS video.
Second this. A lot of the East loot is generally harder to sell but the camp is as good as it gets in HS once you're in there. Hopefully before the Chardok patch my bug report on GoK will be addressed and you'll be able to mez Undertaker Lord without Rapture once it's patched.

Quote:
Ooh, sneaky. I'd never thought of this.

Then again, you need to get the keys to the chanter when needed. And I often needed to corpse lore items when I had keys on me too so it was happening anyway.
It only takes a minute to drop transfer a key and it's pretty low risk since I don't think most people would steal a key if they came across it in the few seconds it was on the ground. If you want to keep keys for months and only rarely need to use a key for CR's the mule is the way to go imo.

Drop transferring items other than keys is definitely a gamble but I never had any problems with it. Even if you get a random person in OT to do a transfer it would be faster than killing yourself + rebuff + medding.
Old 01-22-2019, 05:08 PM
Fire Giant

That's so funny...that answers all my questions around why massive trains would path into the entrance from time to time.
Old 01-22-2019, 09:26 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bristlebaner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's so funny...that answers all my questions around why massive trains would path into the entrance from time to time.
I'm glad you agree with me. I know Tecmos said maybe it was something else but I'm absolutely 100% positive now. I know now who is at fault and it is very edifying.
Closed Thread