Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 12:41 AM
Large Rat

Default Suggestions for a Newbie in Halas

Hello everyone. I played quite a bit back in the early days and I am excited to be back. I first heard about P99 a couple years ago and I am stoked to be able to start playing.

I am used to playing the areas around Freeport and I know almost nothing about the west coast zones. I decided to try something new and started a Barb Shaman. Problem is I have been playing for the last couple days and to say I am struggling is putting it mildly. I am level 5 and it seems the mobs all around me are either green or red and it's getting a bit frustrating. I was wondering if anyone out there has experience with the Everfrost area and can give me some leveling tips. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2019, 03:14 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Well at level 5 you should be able to kill the Ice goblins I remember I lurked around and killed pups for a very long time. Also possibly try crafting some armor from the ruined bear pelts.
Old 01-20-2019, 08:57 AM
Planar Protector

At 5 I'd get away from the labyrinth, if you go out into the open part, there should be some goblin camps around your level, with guards to run to nearby. Otherwise, you can probably do the outside of Blackburrow gnolls in Everfrost too. But if you want easy mode, you can go to Qeynos hills and do the Rabid Wolf Quest for some plat and ridiculous experience.
Old 01-20-2019, 02:07 PM
Fire Giant

You should probably work your way towards Blackburrows and Qeynos Hills! Doing level 1-5 exclusively in Everfrost Mountains is already quite a feat hehe, it's a harsh starting area! Now that you have your cycle 2 spells, you can do 5-9 on the gnolls, going back to Halas only for Meditate (8) and your cycle 3 spells (9).
Old 01-20-2019, 04:04 PM
Large Rat

Perfect, I really appreciated it guys.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:15 PM
Large Bat

I've started many of characters in the Halas to Qeynos area, I also just joined p99, as a Wood Elf Druid, and made my way to level up in that area, thanks to a nice druid.

Around 5 I suggest going out to the area called The Tundra, that's where you'll find mammoth calves, snow leopards and whooly spiders. Work your way farther outward as you level, or, around level 7 or so, move to the top entrance level of Black Burrow and then work down as you level.

Happy hunting!
Old 01-20-2019, 04:23 PM
Orc

Now I wanna go to Black Burrow. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] Thanks for the idea guys.

My steam cuz why not?
Old 01-20-2019, 05:09 PM
Skeleton

blackburrow, well thats what ive been told, tried it last night..half the mobs are red
Old 01-20-2019, 06:44 PM
Fire Giant

i only said to go toward blackburrows and to qeynos hills.
blackburrows is indeed too dangerous for a level 5.
but you'll have to work your way through it.

good luck young adventurers.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:49 PM
Orc

If you are still level 5, there is a spot (#2 on the wiki map) with 3 igloos. That should get you to 6 easy. From there work the entrance to Blackburrow (EF or Qeynos Hills side) until 8. Then the top of BB or the tundra for a few levels.

Also check out the local newbie quests to help xp quicker. Lots of good ones between Halas and Qeynos to get you to 20, and make some plats.
Closed Thread