Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-20-2019, 05:33 AM
Orc

Default Banned with no explanation

Hallo,

So this happened to me a day ago, tried to log onto the server, and got a popup stating that the account has been banned.

Now, I have created a petition thread about the issue, so I hope the staff will reply back in due time as to why.

But this got me wondering, have any of you gotten banned / suspended without any reason being given, and were you at any point told as to why ?

If so, please share your story!
Old 01-20-2019, 07:11 AM
Planar Protector

It might just be a suspension, the wording is no different when it comes to the popup.

Do you have an IP exemption on the account? That might have got you into trouble if you've been misusing it (people do).

Had any disputes with other players in the game?

The obvious one, have you RMT'd? (bought plat for $)

Have you given your account details out to "a friend" while inactive? They might have been doing things they shouldn't be.

Those are the main reasons at a glance. When did you last log in before the ban?
Old 01-20-2019, 07:15 AM
Planar Protector

I once had an account suspended for making corpses (maybe 10-12 total) from the West Freeport gate dotted along the pathway to the North Freeport bank with the character "Tryredserver".

Mentioning the red server upsets people to the point of petitioning to complain. However it is something I think everyone should consider doing while they're making extra currency at T1 wondering what to do with themselves.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mentioning the red server upsets people to the point of petitioning to complain.
Yeah, because all you've ever done is casually mention the red server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...43&postcount=2

Old 01-20-2019, 08:19 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swish2 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I once had an account suspended for making corpses (maybe 10-12 total) from the West Freeport gate dotted along the pathway to the North Freeport bank with the character "Tryredserver".

Mentioning the red server upsets people to the point of petitioning to complain. However it is something I think everyone should consider doing while they're making extra currency at T1 wondering what to do with themselves.
It's terrible. I was banned from the forums for 3 or 4 months due to my promotion of red. There's so many unhappy people on blue. I've had trouble understanding why those same people freak out when red is mentioned.

Baritune - level 60 Bard
Weegee - level 40 Wizard

Representing the Sanctuary Guild as an officer. We're a group friendly red players looking enjoy Project99 without the shackles of the blue servers rules!
Old 01-20-2019, 08:52 AM
Planar Protector

If you had an obnoxious neighbor that knocked on your door every 2 hours asking you to come over and hang out with him, you'd be annoyed too.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:13 AM
Planar Protector

I got perma banned for boxing using an external modem I had at the start of the project. Secrets was off her meds so decided to perma ban

then I was suspended for two weeks for using an ip exempt account I bought with plat to transfer for me (didn't learn my lesson)

most likely there is a good reason you were suspended or perma banned

But didn't realize that this is more like... P99's 4chan or something.

except instead of random anons its a shark attack of a small clique that posts here all the time. so he's doubly fucked.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:32 AM
Orc

Quote:
It might just be a suspension, the wording is no different when it comes to the popup.

Do you have an IP exemption on the account? That might have got you into trouble if you've been misusing it (people do).

Had any disputes with other players in the game?

The obvious one, have you RMT'd? (bought plat for $)

Have you given your account details out to "a friend" while inactive? They might have been doing things they shouldn't be.

Those are the main reasons at a glance. When did you last log in before the ban?

No have not done anything of the above, and was logged in and played fine this friday (euro times)

I guess I just have to wait and see if I get a reply. Just find it a bit odd that it was done without telling me why.

Edit: Good to know the popup is the same tho, might just be a suspension then, guess I will keep trying to log on one a day to see if Its gone or not
Old 01-20-2019, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
No have not done anything of the above, and was logged in and played fine this friday (euro times)

I guess I just have to wait and see if I get a reply. Just find it a bit odd that it was done without telling me why.

Edit: Good to know the popup is the same tho, might just be a suspension then, guess I will keep trying to log on one a day to see if Its gone or not
You might've bought something from an RMTer.

Just petition it.
Old 01-20-2019, 11:58 AM
Orc

I had 3 accounts banned many years ago for using MQ. I didn't realize that even a non functional MQ version for P99 would flag the account as using MQ. The MQ version was for EZ server where it was allowed and you are able to box many many accounts/chars at once. I played both servers and left MQ running all the time. So, if you use MQ for another server, it will flag P99 as being used there too even if it doesnt work and MQ errors on login.
Closed Thread