Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 02:54 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Adventure and Treasure Deep Within Castle Mistmoore

As a 39 Necro I have done CE and the occasional CY group, but I’m looking for more adventure and hopefully more treasure.

The groups I’ve been a part of haven’t pulled all the named mobs deep inside the castle. Is there room in castle Mistmoore for a third camp that focuses on risky treasure hunting?

Thanks for your time
Old 01-21-2019, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

Courtyard in the castle is probably your best bet for getting the in-castle names. Sometimes a group will set up shop just inside the castle with the 2 gargs and the stairs.

I suppose people don't generally pull from deep within the castle is due to the increasing risk of messy pulls the deeper in the castle you go. In terms of safe rooms within the castle, there should be some behind the hot tub room. I believe there is a room with a torture chamber that is relatively safe as well as some lower rooms that are almost devoid of any mob. Getting to these places may prove difficult, but may be best achieved not from the front of the caste but the tower that you see when you zone in by pond.
Last edited by fiveeauxfour; 01-21-2019 at 06:48 PM..
Old 01-21-2019, 07:13 PM
Banned

There's a hot tub in Mistmoore?

What the hell nobody told me
Old 01-21-2019, 07:29 PM
Banned

There is a great camp spot that zero people use on this stupid server inside the avenging caitiff area. There are massive areas where there are no mobs in the tunnels that lead into the castle.

From here your group is safe from adds and you can even camp there if u want.

From here you can easily pull the Tower (which is a 4-5 pull to break depending on level, but if you have any lullers its a 1 pull)

From here you can pull mobs from inside the castle that range for 2 to 1 pulls for 8 mobs, then there is a 2 pull and a 3 pull in the hot tub, then there is a 3 pull in the next room, then a 2 then a 3 in the next then a 4 if you are clumbsy but 1 if you are very good, then its a 3 after that, then you're in the castle ent area mobs.

It is the best spot to XP in MM cus you can jump off the bridge and zone if things go bad extremely easily, and you can get back there by walking right through the invisible wall at the jail to get back, and it has the most amount of 30sh level pulls with the shortest distance in the zone!

Its the best camp in MM and none do it.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Sad.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:34 PM
Banned

Oh at the above camp, the items (magical treasures) you will get are

Chestplate of dark flame.
Some halbrid that isnt very good
that earring, that is great if you're starting out!
um oh yeah the catliff (sorry GY)

ALSO the cooks area is a fantastic place to pull, but it takes a bit of skill, since there can be adds, and a few big pulls if you're not careful, but from there you can get the cooks (quest items) and the made and butler, which have some GREAT starter gear for wisdom casters!

The cooks, is pretty self explanatory, setup camp outside or inside the kitchen (iirc there are 3? in the kitchen) but if you set up shop in the right spot right outside the door and a little bit past it towards the maid or a little bit past it towards the lobby, they wont add unless your group gets careless. You also dont have a very good evacuation rout if things go bad, but if oyu learn the invisible tunnel wall, then that increases your chances of escape, but, like I said, its advanced mode there. That is the most difficult camp to maintain in MM but worthy of a group that is into it for the adventure, and worth the effort! lots of mobs, lots of once powerful loot!
Old 01-22-2019, 06:32 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

ALSO the cooks area is a fantastic place to pull, but it takes a bit of skill, since there can be adds, and a few big pulls if you're not careful, but from there you can get the cooks (quest items) and the made and butler, which have some GREAT starter gear for wisdom casters!

The cooks, is pretty self explanatory, setup camp outside or inside the kitchen (iirc there are 3? in the kitchen) but if you set up shop in the right spot right outside the door and a little bit past it towards the maid or a little bit past it towards the lobby, they wont add unless your group gets careless. You also dont have a very good evacuation rout if things go bad, but if oyu learn the invisible tunnel wall, then that increases your chances of escape, but, like I said, its advanced mode there. That is the most difficult camp to maintain in MM but worthy of a group that is into it for the adventure, and worth the effort! lots of mobs, lots of once powerful loot!
Wow Mick! That was exactly what I was looking for. I am only reading this after I attempted it so let me give you my amateur trip report that took place earlier today.

First I needed a group of adventurers that were up for something new and risky. As you pointed out, nobody really goes past CY myself included. So I just threw a bunch of tells all throughout norrath to people who were my lvl and we ended up with a motley crew - 2 necros, 2 Druids, a monk and a paladin. The Paladin disconnected and we picked up a feisty warrior in zone at the last minute.

The plan was to see invis everybody, then invis, then run past the CE and CY and try not to get reported for taking any mobs. We were trying to run past any mobs that were CE or CY but if one person was spotted by a see invis mob we would have to brawl right there.

CY ended up being free so we settled there and waited for the 5:30am spawn which came and went with nothing mass respawning outside. We wanted to get into the swing of the respawn cycle but after about five minutes of temporarily camping CY, the feisty gnome warrior said something like, “this is not nearly as exciting as advertised.”

If it’s adventure you desire, adventure you shall receive. I led the group straight up to the tower and we charged headfirst into content which most of us had never seen, and two of us hadn’t seen for close to two decades.

Garton Viswin, a shadowknight I only briefly researched, went straight for the little warrior with a harm touch. I didn’t previously inspect the warrior, but he had declined buffs due his AC being capped out. It’s safe to assume he was twinked pretty hard. His health and Garton Viswin’s health were steadily decreasing at the same pace. It looked like they would both finish at the same time. I couldn’t help but think he deserved this close call due to his impatience. He barely outlasted Garton Viswin however the rest of the casters and pets focused him and ended his skirmish as hastily as he started it. If memory serves, one Druid also died but we cleared the room. Nothing notable dropped. I think during the battle I said something like, “adventure was promised! Nothing more, nothing less.”

After rezzes and the warrior departing, I died trying to restablish our foothold in CY. There were many more mobs guarding it than the last time and I turned the corner into them. I couldn’t FD effectively due to casters and I died along with the other Necro. I declined to look for a rez for myself in the name of adventure and penance and we pressed on.

We found a cleric who was looking for a GY group but we duped him into following us into the depths of Castle mistmoore. This time we decided to set up camp in Mayong Mistmoore because we noticed nothing was spawning in there. On the first pull up the stairs, the monk got turned around and ran downstairs towards GY. He tried to FD but was overrun by too many casters and died a gruesome death. He ventured a guess that he died near GY. I was the most in tune with the map and I had FD and invis so I was elected to retrieve his corpse. I don’t yet have the spell that transports the corpse.

I almost died to a wiss who had see invis but was able to FD. She pathed away from my seemingly lifeless body and I ran back to the group for a heal. It started becoming clear that there would be no quick and easy xp in this group. Doubt started creeping in that we would get any traction but everyone who answered the heroes call to even do this suicide mission turned out to be made of the right stuff. Nobody dropped and we pressed on towards content that was new to us.

After the heal we decided we were most effective as a nomadic camp due to the see invis mobs so we decided to fight our way to the monk’s corpse. On our way to his corpse an enchanter saw us medding in the middle of nowhere and asked us, “errr is this a camp?”
The monk was reunited with his corpse and we briefly brainstormed about where we should go next. The new cleric said, “I don’t know where anything is. I just know I’m crammed into a really tiny hallway with a bunch of crazy people.” We saw three freshly vanquished PH’s there but no hero in sight to take credit for the slaughter. Could it have been the enchanter? But he was only level 40 and it just didn’t seem like he would leave those corpses unlooted.

We set up camp in the bath and pulled the bedroom mobs. After that skirmish, with the map in front of me, I proudly announced that we had just pulled from the bedroom. The wisecracking cleric dryly said, “the bed gave it away.”

We set up our camp here waiting for two named mobs, Lesna Cheroon and Xicotl. They both spawned on top of us without much warning and we definitely weren’t at full health and mana. It wasn’t looking good. We focused Xicotl but we were missing him with everything. He was standing in the bath and the p99 combat chat stated unbelievably that I couldn’t see my target. We couldn’t hit him, we couldn’t cast on him, but the pets were able to make it respectable. This was definitely going to be a wipe with the bugged/underwater and semi invulnerable named, plus another named and their deathly herald cronie. That is until a hero kicked in the door with a righteous spray of light behind him and started swinging a holy two hander at Lesna. I had never been happier to see a paladin show up to my group. In fact, I had never been happy to see a paladin show up to my group. Nevertheless, we had been given a second lease on life. The battle raged on and tensions were high. I said, “I can’t see this mother *******.” The other Necro said, “then pull him out of the ******* bath!.” We sounded like two parents arguing over who had the superior strategy to wash their child during bath time.

The other Necro died again but the rest of us survived the battle. We got the str earring which the cleric won in a dice game. We ported out and called it a night after the other Necro rage quit. I can’t blame him. I wouldn’t have blamed anyone for leaving this party because it wasn’t a prosperous group at all but it was most definitely and without a doubt a classic group.

Thanks for reading
Old 01-23-2019, 12:31 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickmoranis [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Wow Mick! That was exactly what I was looking for. I am only reading this after I attempted it so let me give you my amateur trip report that took place earlier today.

First I needed a group of adventurers that were up for something new and risky. As you pointed out, nobody really goes past CY myself included. So I just threw a bunch of tells all throughout norrath to people who were my lvl and we ended up with a motley crew - 2 necros, 2 Druids, a monk and a paladin. The Paladin disconnected and we picked up a feisty warrior in zone at the last minute.

The plan was to see invis everybody, then invis, then run past the CE and CY and try not to get reported for taking any mobs. We were trying to run past any mobs that were CE or CY but if one person was spotted by a see invis mob we would have to brawl right there.

CY ended up being free so we settled there and waited for the 5:30am spawn which came and went with nothing mass respawning outside. We wanted to get into the swing of the respawn cycle but after about of five minutes of temporarily camping CY, the feisty gnome warrior said something like, “this is not nearly as exciting as advertised.”

If it’s adventure you desire, adventure you shall receive. I led the group straight up to the tower and we charged headfirst into content which most of us had never seen, and two of us hadn’t seen for close to two decades.

Garton Viswin, a shadowknight I only briefly researched, went straight for the little warrior with a harm touch. I didn’t previously inspect the warrior, but he had declined buffs due his AC being capped out. It’s safe to assume he was twinked pretty hard. His health and Garton Viswin’s health were steadily decreasing at the same pace. It looked like they would both finish at the same time. I couldn’t help but think he deserved this close call due to his impatience. He barely outlasted Garton Viswin however the rest of the casters and pets focused him and ended his skirmish as hastily as he started it. If memory serves, one Druid also died but we cleared the room. Nothing notable dropped. I think during the battle I said something like, “adventure was promised! Nothing more, nothing less.”After rezzes and the warrior departing, we found a cleric who was looking for a GY group but we duped him into following us into the depths of mistmoore.

While the cleric was en route, we tried to re establish CY as a foothold. This time there were many more spawns as we turned the corner and myself and the other Necro died because too many mobs. I declined to look for a rez in the name of adventure and penance and we pressed on.

This time we decided to set up camp in Mayong Mistmoore coffin room because we noticed nothing was spawning in there. On the first pull up the stairs, the monk got turned around and ran downstairs towards GY. He tried to FD but was overrun by too many mobs and died what we can only assume was a gruesome death. He ventured a guess that he died near GY. I was the most in tune with the map and I had FD and invis so I was elected to retrieve his corpse. I don’t yet have the spell that transports the corpse.

I almost died to a wiss who had see invis but was able to FD. She pathed away from my seemingly lifeless body and I ran back to the group for a heal. If started becoming clear that there would be no quick and easy xp in this group. Doubt started creeping in that we would get any traction but everyone who answered the heroes’ call to even do this suicide mission turned out to be made of the right stuff. Nobody dropped and we pressed on towards content that was new to us.

After the heal we decided we were most effective as a nomadic group due to the see invis mobs so we decided to fight our way to the monk’s corpse. On our way to his corpse an enchanter saw us medding in the middle of nowhere and asked us, “errr is this a camp?”
The monk was reunited with his corpse and it was time to decide where to travel to next. While everyone gave their input the new cleric said, “I don’t know where I am. All I know is I’m with a bunch of crazy people in a tiny hallway.”

We pressed on towards the back staircase that leads to the bath. We saw three freshly vanquished PH’s there but no hero in sight to take credit for the slaughter. Could it have been the enchanter? But he was only level 41...it just didn’t seem like he would leave those corpses unlooted.

We set up camp in the bath and pulled the bedroom mobs. After that skirmish, with the map in front of me, I announced that we had just pulled from the bedroom. The wisecracking cleric dryly said, “the bed gave it away.”

We set up our camp here waiting for two named mobs, Lesna Cheroon and Xicotl. They both spawned on top of us without much warning and we definitely weren’t at full health and mana. It wasn’t looking good. We focused Xicotl but we were missing him with everything. He was standing in the bath and my spells said I couldn’t see him. We couldn’t hit him, we couldn’t cast on him, but the pets were able to make it respectable.

Let me just tell you, we were going to wipe to the two named spawns (one of which was bugged/underwater and semi invulnerable) and their deathly herald cronie. That is until a hero kicked in the door with a righteous spray of light behind them and started swinging a holy two hander at Lesna. I had never been happier to see a paladin show up to my group. In fact, I had never been happy to see a paladin show up to my group. Nevertheless, we had been given a second lease on life. The battle raged on and tensions were high. I said, “I can’t see this mother *******.” The other Necro said, “then pull him out of the ******* bath!.” We sounded like two parents arguing over who had the superior strategy to wash their child during bath time.

The other Necro died but the rest of us survived. We ported out and called it a night after he rage quit. I can’t blame him. I wouldn’t have blamed anyone for leaving this party because it wasn’t a prosperous group at all but it was most definitely and without a doubt a classic group.

Thanks for reading
Closed Thread