Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2020, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Default Classic Cazic Thule DT Behavior

Cazic Thule's Death Touch 'cycle' is currently not functioning as it should ( Cazic Thule 1.0)

Here is a description

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....k/2okUBejr7swJ

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....k/2okUBejr7swJ

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....E/IjCneCwEi_0J

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt....o/GW4S359ar7YJ

This has been brought up before on P99 and still seemingly an issue now on Green:
https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...h+touch&page=2

From what I can tell, CT is incorrectly DTing multiple times when he should only be doing a 'Death Touch cycle' when hes aggrod. This is described in ALL the links above basically the same - CT gets mad he start killing people at random in the entire zone with his DT. You must camp out or die fully to reset this. I remember this to a tee as I have been randomly DTd before by CT having done nothing at all but engage in trash mobs at the West wall on a classic 1999 Fear raid, camp to chat room to break in et all. It maybe has some kind of aggro linked when he is aggro + you are fighting trash mobs - that part I am not sure - but it seems clear that anyone in the zone would potentially be liable to be DTd and you cannot stop the cycle until everyone in the zone has cleared out.

Current incorrect behaviors:

CT fires off multiple DTs when he is engaged. No 'zone wide' DT cycle ever occurs when accidentally aggroing CT.
There is no 'DT cycle' going on when draco is engaged (with CT alive), only a DT for the person who initially aggros Draco.
There should also be a DT 'cycle' started for each Golem aggro as well. ( hence why they later got DTs themselves, the golems were always linked to CTs death touch cycle )

I disagree that you can 'stack' DT cycles aka aggro draco + several golems resulting in multiple cycles starting causing multiple DTs - this behavior was never once mentioned, in fact I couldnt find anyone talking about multiple DTs at all - just the fact they were zone wide cycles on a timer.
Last edited by Erati; 06-02-2020 at 01:42 PM..
Old 06-02-2020, 04:29 PM
Banned

I think DT cycle is something they disabled on purpose?
Old 06-02-2020, 05:12 PM
Planar Protector

You'd think I'd remember more about fear mechanics since I helped test a lot of the shit on the test server. People saying it wasn't tested are wrong, but I was about the only tester who knew anything about high level EQ/raid stuff on test server. They just buffed a bunch of other players to 50 who were playing on the test server one day in the hopes these clowns could test anything, since at the time the server only had a handful of level 50 characters.

His original death touch went off exactly every 666 seconds, targets anyone randomly in the zone. they changed this sot more like every 45-50 minutes he DTs someone. I do remember something about engaging his "lieutenants" that was added a bit later.. but i think it was just something like randomly setting of a single DT or something like that.Maybe there was a short lived patch where he would keep HT people every 5-6 seconds or whatever though. Maybe this was added with revamp? I don't trust my memory of this time period/zone at all.
Last edited by DMN; 06-02-2020 at 05:20 PM..
Old 06-02-2020, 05:14 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think DT cycle is something they disabled on purpose?

Maybe? Would love a response to that.

Currently the “machine gun” rapid multiple DTs when you engage him is not correct at all.