Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 03-23-2021, 07:17 PM
Orc

Default Efreeti Standard - Dwarf Cleric cannot Equip

Cannot equip my Efreeti Standard. I have nothing in either primary or secondary. Try to equip the ES. I get no message, but the Efreeti Standard will not equip.

Class: Cleric
Race: DWF

My class and race are listed on the ES so I should be able to equip it.
Old 03-24-2021, 03:18 AM
Aviak

Clerics don't get dual wield. You can't put a weapon in your offhand.
Old 03-24-2021, 08:16 AM
Orc

Ok. So the ES is mislabeled and should be updated. The ES lists / states it is usable by several non dual wielding classes... or, better yet, un-nerf it and make it Primary again...
Old 03-24-2021, 01:41 PM
Planar Protector

Another culprit of this is the fabled Fatesealer in VP.

Casters or priests- you cannot use this in off hand.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fatesealer
Old 03-24-2021, 01:45 PM
Fire Giant

Indeed. No bug here. Classes that cannot dual wield cannot equip weapons in their off hand.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:38 PM
Orc

The bug is, the item lists that it is usable by classes that cannot use it... which should be corrected. This was not the case originally, this bug was created when the item was updated to secondary only.
Old 03-24-2021, 05:48 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erati [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Another culprit of this is the fabled Fatesealer in VP.

Casters or priests- you cannot use this in off hand.

https://wiki.project1999.com/Fatesealer
Not sure how this would be the same thing as the fatesealer. Per the link you provided, the fatesealer says it can be equipped in the primary and secondary slots. This means, anyone can equip it in the primary slot. Therefore, it is usable by all/all. Unless it was updated and the link doesn’t link to the updated version.

The Efreeri Standard is secondary only, (https://wiki.project1999.com/Efreeti_Standard), so to list it as usable by classes that can’t equip it is wrong. It was usable primary usable, but was nerfed to secondary only.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:19 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by slayer69 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bug is, the item lists that it is usable by classes that cannot use it... which should be corrected. This was not the case originally, this bug was created when the item was updated to secondary only.
That’s not how project 1999 works. If it was listed as cleric usable secondary only then it needs to stay this way. If it was “bugged” in the classic timeline and listed classes that can’t technically use it, then it needs to stay that way.

You’d need to show that this item didn’t have cleric on it when it was secondary only during the classic timeline. I did some digging and couldn’t find any solid evidence of this.
Old 03-24-2021, 06:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That’s not how project 1999 works. If it was listed as cleric usable secondary only then it needs to stay this way. If it was “bugged” in the classic timeline and listed classes that can’t technically use it, then it needs to stay that way.

You’d need to show that this item didn’t have cleric on it when it was secondary only during the classic timeline. I did some digging and couldn’t find any solid evidence of this.
Thank you for the direction. I will take a look to see what I can find. I appreciate the input.