Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-15-2021, 09:41 AM
Large Rat

Default Updating Spell Gems??

Hey all,

I've recently updated my UI to VertUI and I really like it except that I want to revert the WoW-style Spell Gems to the original ones (or maybe other gems, unsure) but don't know how to do this.

I assume it's as simple as downloading a Spell Gem pack and drag-and-dropping the files to my P99 folder however, I've not found any links to download spell gems that isn't 10 years old and still working.

I could copy the files out of any of the other UI folders I have but I don't actually know ALL of the files that would need to be copied and migrated.

Any help would be hugely appreciated!

Apologies if there is an up-to-date thread with information regarding this question but I could not find it.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:18 PM
Fire Giant

To change the set of spell gem/spell icon graphics, all you need to do is copy the ones you want into the folder of the UI you're using and reload it. It doesn't make a difference if the UI didn't have custom ones to begin with, as the way the UI system works is that it looks first for the files in that folder, and then looks in the default folder for any files it doesn't find there. If either the original or the new spell graphics set don't have the same sizes for the images or have different transparency settings, it will look messed up, but will load and display.

good luck friend!
Old 04-15-2021, 12:34 PM
Large Rat

Yeah, I figured that I could mix and match, that's not really the issue. The issue is that I don't know what the Spell Gem files are named.. or how many there are. If I knew that information then I'd just copy the files from one of my other UI folders in to my VertUI folder.

I only referenced a "spell gem pack" because then that file would contain all the files I'd need without me needing to go and hunt them down.

Again, if anyone knows the filenames I need to look for, I will just grab the files from another UI folder.
Old 04-15-2021, 12:49 PM
Planar Protector

the spell gems are all on 1 tga, open up the ui folder and you should find it there, there are other spellgem sheets all over the web from various releases of EQ, they are probably all lined up 1:1
Old 04-15-2021, 04:08 PM
Large Rat

Hey Jibartik,

So, I did that and I was able to update the spell icons in my spellbook and while I was messing around I learned something.

the "Spells" tga file is specific to the icons in your Spellbook
the "Gems" tga file is specific to the icons in your Hotbars

Unfortunately for me, the Gem files from the default UI are circular and so they don't fit quite right in my Hotbar. I assume I need square versions. I should be able to resolve this now but for anyone else.. remember that you have Spell files for your Spellbook and Gem files for your hotbars [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Rhenzik; 04-15-2021 at 04:23 PM..
Old 04-15-2021, 04:43 PM
Planar Protector

welll...

you may be able to creativly figure out how to remove the frame on the hotbar, I made those custom to fit our gems! so they are editable.

Same for the bar (although the alpha channel on that bar may be hardcoded)