Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-30-2013, 01:08 AM
Aviak

http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=36891
Old 05-30-2013, 01:55 AM
Banned

confirming have had several new players say never mind after not being able to find latest install scripts and spell files
Old 05-30-2013, 02:51 AM
Banned

google "red99 kunark pvp torrent"

Download is slow but it finishes within a day, and everything is pre-installed.
Old 05-30-2013, 03:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furinex [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I still fail to see where you got butthurt in all this. Also, I fail to see why you're being such a rude fuck. Also, a decent reason I'm not retorting in any way, shape or form is, you're doing it for me. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] You should also look up the word "Unnecessary". I will do you a world of good with what you are *trying* to argue.

Anyways.... in an attempt to re-affirm this topics purpose...

EQ Host file set to this?

Code:
[LoginServer]
Host=login.eqemulator.net:5998
Also, Setting processor affinity *may* help. I've seen instances with overclocking and dual/quad/sixt/oct core processors unable to get past the login screen without stocking, and setting affinity to one core.
lol you are so cute mister all high and mighty, even more fun to troll you, keep them smartass remarks coming mister unnecessary
Old 05-30-2013, 04:31 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalanmyr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please comprehend the post before you reply. A new friend is looking to PATCH the game, not just play his outdated version......

I gave him a link to eqchanges27 and it still won't let him login to the server. The issue is there is no longer a step by step manual installation... There isn't even obvious instruction on how to change the eqhost file.

The old "getting started" guide was much better because it was stable. I'm trying to get new friends to play the server and it has turned out to be a disaster.
I can confirm that, currently, trying to get started on P99 while the patching server is down can be pretty frustrating. I think the reason that this problem was not really widely recognized or addressed is that it is a relatively rare occurrence when both Moestaverne is down AND there is a new player trying to get started from scratch. That said, the lack of Rogean's comprehensive 'getting started' instructions does make it difficult to get the game working. Even after having previously gone through the process many times, it took me a few hours to get the game running because I didn't remember the exact steps (yes, I did have the newest Eqchanges file). The game also looked like a mess, with lots of weird minor glitches... luckily at that point in the night I was too drunk to care.

I actually think the new patcher is great; like others have said, even when it's down you can easily circumvent the problem with the 'Start Everquest only' option. This specific scenario just seems to be its one big shortcoming. Luckily, it sounds like the issue will be resolved soon. Really I just wanted to confirm the OP is not crazy.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Planar Protector

You guys seem to make this way to hard. Download titatnium. Click on the getting Started link that is red and highlighted on the lefthand side of main page. If you dont want to use launcher then you goto news and announcements serction and find the newest patch(which has been linked here a few times now) and handle your business. Not sure why you all are having trouble with this.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uaellaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
its not my program, and punctuation has nothing to do with anything ... i choose not to use it ... why should i? you dont understand what im saying? awh im so sorry ... wanz gramma moar fuxed ups so u underskandz me? uh uh ah ah ah?

you are unnecessary too, yet you are here ... just because you dont want to use the patcher doesnt mean its unnecessary ... alot of people play on multiple servers and dont want 10 6GB EQ folders shitting up their drives when they can use the launcher to easily patch back and forth in seconds ... but hey you dont have to use it!

but like i said already, you people here know everything ... so lolable
TLDR; "I made an irrelevant comment about Fox News because I'm one of those douche bag liberals who isn't actually liberal because he chose to be a progressive thinker, but because it's trendy and I'm too stupid to figure it out for myself. All my cool hipster friends said Fox News is bad mmmkay, so if you need to insult someone...."

Meanwhile, the reality is that new players WILL and DO get put off by something that should be a lot more transparent and is unnecessarily convoluted. Fortunately, new servers are coming.

EDIT: Just realized where you're from. Your comments totally make sense now.
Old 06-03-2013, 07:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamzal Sherbet [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
casey to the rescue, as usual
or just don't be a nub
Old 06-10-2013, 06:54 AM
Planar Protector

i hate being "that guy" but....

the faq stickied at the top of this page should have reasonable instructions on getting eq p99 running in about 15 minutes (including read time). Recently got EQ running in ~5 mins on a friends computer in, like, 5 steps (not using any launcher program).

If you can't figure out how to get EQ running with that FAQ then please shoot yours... i mean, let me know what I can add to it to make it more complete [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] (seriously though, because its there for a reason, and if it's not helping i need to know)

It's more likely that no one ever reads it though, and instead just post here and then we get threads like this.

http://www.project1999.org/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94928

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhambuk View Post
gotrocks community savior
Old 06-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

I keep a link on how to set up a fresh Titanium install for P99 in my signature...