Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 08-10-2013, 12:12 AM
Large Rat

Default problem connecting

Okay, so Im not sure what Im doing wrong. I had to reformat my computer a few days ago and now I cannot seem to get p1999 to work. I reinstalled Titanium, changed the eqhost.txt file, made the short-cut and added "patchme" at the end, downloaded Doxa's UI installer and when I connected the first time it worked great and I was able to play. Now for the problem, when I try to reconnect it gets to the login screen and tells me (A connection to the server could not be reached. Please check your internet connection to make sure you are online. If the problem persists, please check our network status and scheduled downtime pages for updates. If the problem persists, please use our Help Link for further assistance.) Any thoughts on whats going wrong? Thanks in advance, and hopefully this was the right section to post in!
Old 08-10-2013, 01:11 PM
Large Rat

update: when I check my eqhost.txt file it seems to change from the (host=eqemulator.net:5998) to (host=login.eqemulator.net:5998) and it wont let me loging with that, but for some reason when I erase the (login.) part and let it repatch it lets me on? Anyone have any suggestions on what is causing this?
Old 08-11-2013, 10:45 PM
Large Rat

Incase it helps my computer is a piece of shit Dell laptop running on windows7. I'm not tech savy so if you need more information on the computer just let me know where to look and I'll gladly do so. Also I found a post where someone said they used the command prompt and typed (netsh int ip reset) and (netsh winsock reset) I did both these things but it doesn't appear to have helped.

Hopefully someone has some suggestions.
Old 08-12-2013, 02:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
(host=eqemulator.net:5998) to (host=login.eqemulator.net:5998)
both resolve to the same IP, shouldnt make a difference at all ... are you using internet security or firewall packages? sounds like you are ...