Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-27-2019, 02:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeboim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I do not like thing.

Thing sucks.

Because I do not like thing, you are not allowed to like thing. Even though we are on forum dedicated to thing.
100% -- and so is the reverse. Everyone is so binary these days. Always us vs them.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:40 PM
Banned

Got you covered:
https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/

I'll miss ya
Old 12-27-2019, 02:40 PM
Kobold

The first time we went through elementary school it was fresh and exciting. Now that we are all in our 30s, 40s and 50s I suspect many of us would find it boring to repeat the experience beyond the first few weeks.
Old 12-27-2019, 02:57 PM
Banned

im on hiatus until its time to collect lustrous
Old 12-27-2019, 04:32 PM
Sarnak

Classic is great if you want to level characters and get classic legacy items.

Classic sucks if you want the perfect balance of risk vs reward.

For example, leveling in LoIO solo on a level 12 wizard is a great idea just after dinging, but if you then delvl and are still bound in FV from just after you got off the boat, making the corpse run to LoIO and then not being able to rebind yourself in LoIO after already having learned that running through spiders that see invis to reach to LoIO zone is risky and thus is less than rewarding even though the GI Joes told you knowledge is power. The Joes just never lived in Norrath where the level 12 caster spell tier with bind affinity is power and everything else before every new tier of power is an endless cycle of death due to players' own mistakes and hubris.

I believe the lack of variety you're thinking of and that you're conflating with a lack of depth is simply your own disillusionment with the relevance of your own power and knowledge in a rather straight forward era of plunder. Thank god there isn't something more relevant to bitch about in this iteration of P99 like wizard-mobs and ninja-mobs with the ability to warp or vanish at will. If there was the added frustration of character deaths due to events outside our control and that no amount of skill could mitigate that might actually be something worth bitching about rather than the game being mostly exactly what its intended to be.

This thread is now officially about warping mobs btw.
Old 12-27-2019, 04:41 PM
Fire Giant

Year 12 into the project and "mobs" are still warping through the floors and ceilings. Kinda regretting all my paypal donations
Old 12-27-2019, 05:04 PM
Fire Giant

Hi you are complaining about a game that has no mystery anymore (outside of Kraddock’s investigative efforts). There are plenty of custom servers that cater to your issues. Or maybe they don’t, but your issues remain, eh?
Old 12-27-2019, 06:35 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pre-planes classic fucking sucks and is boring as all hell, I started on blue after sky was released and I always thought I wanted a fresh server but the legacy item era is very underwhelming, I guess I didn't notice on red because I was deleveling people, i've grinded to a halt on teal

anyone else feeling the same?
This is not the emulated server you're looking for.
Old 12-28-2019, 07:31 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
pre-planes classic fucking sucks and is boring as all hell, I started on blue after sky was released and I always thought I wanted a fresh server but the legacy item era is very underwhelming, I guess I didn't notice on red because I was deleveling people, i've grinded to a halt on teal

What's the point of posting when your opinion of the game is that negative? It's one thing to have some criticisms or suggestions to make the game more enjoyable but that's not what you're here for.

Just move on to something else if you think the core gameplay is that bad.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:33 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:

one of the reasons everquest changed dramatically even within the classic era is that vanilla everquest is not very good