Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2021, 01:15 PM
Orc

Default Green Raid Rules Discussion...

Rules To Fix It All

1. Each Guild (Player/IP) gets 1 Boss kill per 48hr period. (FTE)
2. Lock out mobs to be rotated by each guild. (Trak)
3. Plains to be rotated by each guild.

This should promote smaller more skill-based guilds of like-minded active players. Making Boss encounters a strategy base game versus a 5sec boss kill with 200 people. Everyone will have more opportunity to see content without it being handed to them on an open raid platter. GM can enforce account and IP kill counts and Permanently Delete players on more than one log in 48hrs across all accounts characters. Harsh punishment will help prevent people from trying to cheat the rules. Players can still poop sock mobs for 16 hours to get the Boss they want for their 48hr window. More casual guilds can get opportunities at Boss mobs without the need to poop sock or answer a bat phone at 3am. The added number of smaller skill-based guilds will provide more races and more competition at the high-end mobs (what everyone keeps saying they want so badly).

The longer the time between earthquake will spread mobs out so guilds can have races every 48hrs. This will also fix itself every Earthquake and allow more casual groups to get in on Boss mobs. It will only get better and more options with Velious Boss mobs. Not Guild (X) killed 9 of the 17 Boss mobs at Earthquake.

More guilds will push Plain of sky raid out to once every 2nd or 3rd week maybe. Making the loot and event more interesting to show up versus every week on Tuesday. With these small guilds the key issue will be less, Players can still come up and corpse every 7 days if needed.

Raid group of 200+ people will be a thing of the past.

No more need for 85734.83abcd Law books in a UN chat…..

I posted in the green UN with little to no feedback. Maybe we can get some support to think outside the box here..... or maybe just trolls
Old 02-17-2021, 01:16 PM
Orc

Promoting rules that foster smaller groups of people working for content just seem more fun to me. Many may not agree, you all may think that after a 16 hr window killing said target with 200 people in 5 seconds is rewarding. At Earthquake 60% of the content being killed by one mega guild within what 2 hour or less of the quake is rewarding. I assume if we stopped doing the same stuff in the UN again and again, we think outside the box and try to change the mega zerg guild gets it all culture. You all may have 200 besties .. idk
Old 02-17-2021, 01:54 PM
Planar Protector

Maybe the solution ... to a problem that inherently requires getting a lot of different people to agree ... isn't going to come from one lone genius?

Perhaps it will instead require a bunch of those people working together, to hash out an agreement that they all can abide by?

Just a thought.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-17-2021, 01:55 PM
Sarnak

I am sooooo friggen close to dinging level 75 on My Singing Monsters!
Old 02-17-2021, 02:40 PM
Fire Giant

You keep saying 200+ people. That's not a thing. Most raid forces are currently 50-75.
Old 02-17-2021, 03:38 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coridan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You keep saying 200+ people. That's not a thing. Most raid forces are currently 50-75.
And when there's more than 1 raid force you have to add those numbers together.....
Old 02-17-2021, 05:30 PM
Kobold

Is that a troll post? Are you trying to give seal team a heart attack???

In all seriousness, that will never happen, why would a guild be locked of a target if they killed something less than 48hrs ago, this is just plain stupid I am afraid.

Groups of casuals will always struggle to kill primo raid targets, you cannot play very little and also get the best gear, it makes sense, this isn't wow.

All the devs can do is significantly reduce window and have a bag limit on key boss.
Old 02-17-2021, 05:53 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is that a troll post? Are you trying to give seal team a heart attack???

In all seriousness, that will never happen, why would a guild be locked of a target if they killed something less than 48hrs ago, this is just plain stupid I am afraid.

Groups of casuals will always struggle to kill primo raid targets, you cannot play very little and also get the best gear, it makes sense, this isn't wow.

All the devs can do is significantly reduce window and have a bag limit on key boss.
Its just an open dialog of ideas to discuss. I appreciate your zerg guilds should get it all, join them or be left behind attitude. I assume there is a large community of people that think like you. My forum is for people to look outside the p99 traditions and see if we cant as a group think of ways to include everyone without the OPEN RAID. The UN keeps focusing on giving free gear away each month to keep casuals happy. All i am saying is let the Casuals go out and earn the gear. It will be lot more rewarding.

Thanks for the Troll post !
Old 02-17-2021, 07:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gentry88 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its just an open dialog of ideas to discuss. I appreciate your zerg guilds should get it all, join them or be left behind attitude. I assume there is a large community of people that think like you. My forum is for people to look outside the p99 traditions and see if we cant as a group think of ways to include everyone without the OPEN RAID. The UN keeps focusing on giving free gear away each month to keep casuals happy. All i am saying is let the Casuals go out and earn the gear. It will be lot more rewarding.

Thanks for the Troll post !
A 40 50 average guild is a zerg guild? Thanks for the input

There's a need to make it easier to compete, however what you're asking for is just to be given mob without having to compete, I can't see this happening.

The 3 bag limit encourages competition.

The shorter window encourages competition.

Your suggestion goes against the very spirit of that.

What you are looking for is instances content.

Also calling any guild larger than your a zerg guild shows how biased you are.

Normal guild raids in EQ are designed for 54 person, that the usual design of an encounter.
Last edited by Bach; 02-17-2021 at 07:25 PM..
Old 02-17-2021, 07:27 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bach [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
A 40 50 average guild is a zerg guild? Thanks for the input

There's a need to make it easier to compete, however what you're asking for is just to be given mob without having to compete, I can't see this happening,.
What guild has 40 members raiding ? you think Seal team only have 40 members covering every 16 hour window?

(Sorry to use Seal Team as an example, not trying to be negative to guilds and how they compete, it is what it is currently)
Closed Thread