Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Casters

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2021, 04:25 AM
Fire Giant

Default Earliest a Mage can get their own focus items?

Thread title. New mage on the Blue server, just rerolled. Transferred a few decent gear pieces from the necro I had here from a long time ago but beyond that I don't have much cash. What I have will probably be used for spells across the levels.

So I'm basically wondering, around what level should I as a mage be looking to tighten my belt and farm up my own focus items? And would Najena or CT be the better of the two places to go?
Old 02-21-2021, 04:33 AM
Sarnak

giant toes are the toughest pieces to get. just buy them
Old 02-21-2021, 04:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unleashedd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
giant toes are the toughest pieces to get. just buy them
I figure I could just bug someone killing Gornit for them, worst case scenario. I'm already expecting to have to buy the toes and the gems, so all the more reason to try to save cash acquiring my own farm tool implements.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:01 AM
Orc

I was able to do this starting at level 20 in Najena and made an entry about it in the per-level hunting guide. https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_20-24
It can take some time. It took me until level 26 I believe to get all four items and that involved one or two of them being given to me by other people camping stuff.
The toes and things I just bought, mostly from npc merchants.
Old 02-21-2021, 06:16 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windez [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I was able to do this starting at level 20 in Najena and made an entry about it in the per-level hunting guide. https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_20-24
It can take some time. It took me until level 26 I believe to get all four items and that involved one or two of them being given to me by other people camping stuff.
The toes and things I just bought, mostly from npc merchants.
Ah, very cool! Thank you very much, looking forward to giving that a shot. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-21-2021, 01:13 PM
Banned

I've been in Najena a lot lately as enchanter, and never seen any steins or focus items drop from mages, chances seem pretty low. I've gotten lots of damask silk but never even seen a focus item drop

They are often camped by mid level or higher level mages as well, I'd say they're camped probably ~50% of the time during primetime
Old 02-21-2021, 01:59 PM
Kobold

I have had the most luck in CT off the alligators.
Old 02-21-2021, 04:13 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Honestly on Blue people sell the focus items pretty cheaply in the tunnel (like 50-100p). You certainly can try to get them all solo, but it might just be faster to farm up the plat and buy
Old 02-21-2021, 05:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRMurphy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Honestly on Blue people sell the focus items pretty cheaply in the tunnel (like 50-100p). You certainly can try to get them all solo, but it might just be faster to farm up the plat and buy
They sell on Green too, and I actually see a lot more of them for sale on Green than on Blue (probably because they don't sell for all that much plat, and since Blue's economy is more inflated, going through the hassle of selling in the tunnel for that small amount of plat is even less attractive there, vs. just vendoring).

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 02-21-2021, 05:50 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Honestly makes sense. Usually when I have something that sells for less than 100 I debate if it's worth the trouble
Closed Thread