Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 11-16-2018, 11:01 AM
Orc

I literally never set foot into any of those zones except KC for maybe 2 blue bubbles. I'm level 54 now.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:49 AM
Kobold

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT ...
You have entered Western Plains of Karana.
Your mind reels. A sense of adventure overtakes you.
Old 11-16-2018, 11:56 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexii [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I like the idea of hotzones, and it's classic. If the ZEM is enough people will move
I think secretly changing the ZEMs would be classic, because in classic the ZEMs were secret and people didn't know when they changed (I think they announced specific zone changes later, but not during the classic era).

So announced hotzones don't seem classic, but mixing things up with a ZEM change behind the scenes seems like it would be. Plus, one could argue that since the current ZEMs aren't classic anyways, changing them is classic ... or at least, not any less classic than they already are.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-16-2018, 03:06 PM
Sarnak

Perhaps the opposite - Cold Zones: the greater the daily average a zone has people adventuring within, the lower the overall modifier? The adventure part should be tied into the total number of slain monsters so places like East Commonlands does not decimate the younger crowds fighting in that zone while people buy and sell goods nearby. And perhaps an individual modifier so killing your first Oasis orc gains full experience, but after a couple hundred, a mere trickle instead.

Just some thoughts.
Old 11-16-2018, 07:10 PM
VIP / Contributor

While I am a proponent of hotzones, this is not classic and doesn't deserve to be on P99.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 11-16-2018, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
While I am a proponent of hotzones, this is not classic and doesn't deserve to be on P99.
* except a secret one-time mass ZEM change; that would totally be classic [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 11-16-2018, 09:13 PM
Planar Protector

I mostly stick to the usual leveling path because I often only have like 2 hours to play if it's a work day. In that case, I can try to form a group, sometimes taking 30+ mins just to find the bare minimum tank/healer needed (if I even can, because I play off-hours), then get all the people to the zone. Clear in to the camp we want and then have a solid 30 mins to xp. Or, I can log in at CoM, find a group in 5 mins and xp for most of the 2 hours I have. I do it out of necessity rather than desire and I suspect I'm not alone. Hotzones would provide some nice changes in scenery on those days when my time is super limited. That said, there is like 0 chance hotzones will show up on p99. =p
Old 11-17-2018, 02:36 AM
Planar Protector

It could be an incentive to encourage bug hunts in otherwise less play tested zones.
Old 11-17-2018, 05:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deecay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So probably not going to get any support on here for this due to it being "[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]"...
Old 11-17-2018, 10:03 AM
Planar Protector

I hope hot zones are a custom content idea. I like the idea a lot even being unclassic.

Kellian Cove (60 Wood Elf Rogue)
Parra Doxx (55 Barbarian Shaman)

“This man is using his mind as a weapon …and woe be tide the creature who
steps into his garden" -Finch

Closed Thread