Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Old 11-20-2023, 06:20 PM
Aviak

Also take my message with a grain of salt since I'm only lvl 32 and learned most of this through in-game experimentation.

It also seems that once a mob breaks charm ~3-4 times they break charm a lot more often afterwards. Not sure if this is just a placebo but I usually make sure to kill them at this point. In groups pets don't consume exp I believe, so I generally try to keep my charm pets alive there.
Old 11-30-2023, 01:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philistine [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Welcome! DuxaUI is great IMHO. Wineq2 was a good get as well.
Can you tell me how to make DuxaUI work? It keeps saying my spell files are out of date.
Old 11-30-2023, 04:34 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonolin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It also seems that once a mob breaks charm ~3-4 times they break charm a lot more often afterwards. Not sure if this is just a placebo but I usually make sure to kill them at this point. In groups pets don't consume exp I believe, so I generally try to keep my charm pets alive there.
I mained a bard so our charm works a little bit different as its a short duration and I'm often switching targets on what I'm charming.

In speaking and interacting with a variety of charm classes it seems the general consensus is that charm is a bit broken in P99 in the sense that the frequency your charm will break early is very low. Additionally I've heard many a chanter comment that after multiple charms on the same mob the frequency of charm breaking early does increase. A lot of this is just anecdotal beliefs as there is a randomness to how it works that makes it hard to know how exactly its all coded.
Old 11-30-2023, 10:44 PM
Planar Protector

its just rng theres no secret
Old 12-01-2023, 05:28 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flucko [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you tell me how to make DuxaUI work? It keeps saying my spell files are out of date.
Have you tried overwriting the installed spell files with the ones available for download on the https://www.project1999.com site - labelled V57?

Download
Extract
Copy the spells_us.txt file into your install directory. The one is V57 is dated 2022.

I'm not sure you need to copy the spellsnew.edd or the spellsnew.eff files but it can't hurt. They look the same as the 2019 titanium installs to me...

Anyway, hope that helps.
Old 12-01-2023, 07:47 AM
Decaying Skeleton

I didn't replace any files to get duxaui working. I'm running the client under wine, linux host. I simply dropped the duxaui folder into the .../Everquest/uifiles folder and loaded up the UI via in-game options.

That said, ymmv. I had a similar OG experience to you. Was in late middle school when I started, and life got in the way before leveling my ranger beyond low 40s. I tried going back to live once or twice but didn't like post-PoP changes that neutered the game. Started up again here about a week ago and have been really enjoying myself. Such a great game.