Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2019, 10:26 AM
Sarnak

eh, indeed.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:30 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimitto [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know I'm not the voice of reason here but can't you just like... drag a horde of monsters over to the fountain and kill everyone? Massive amounts of dickish death usually solves shit like this. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's an interesting solution, however, the people who like to play for enjoyment usually are not dicks like this, and it would require us to stoop to their level. If the solution to every wrong on the server is to simply train them, then I go back to one of my previous suggestions, just eliminiate all rules and have server anarchy. That way we can all camp the fountain and do what they are doing. You don't have to worry about organizing people, buying stones to port up, clearing large amounts of mobs, or doing anything that's required for a Hate break in. You know, do what they are doing.
Old 04-18-2019, 10:35 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobster1071 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That's an interesting solution, however, the people who like to play for enjoyment usually are not dicks like this, and it would require us to stoop to their level. If the solution to every wrong on the server is to simply train them, then I go back to one of my previous suggestions, just eliminiate all rules and have server anarchy. That way we can all camp the fountain and do what they are doing. You don't have to worry about organizing people, buying stones to port up, clearing large amounts of mobs, or doing anything that's required for a Hate break in. You know, do what they are doing.
Mr. Lobster did you see Eliashib login at the fountain when you logged on your druid tracker??
Old 04-18-2019, 10:36 AM
Kobold

I can understand being mad about this for and hour, shit maybe even a day.

Y'all are still going on about this. Figure it out already or go play pokemon
Old 04-18-2019, 10:38 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoestring [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You do realise that GMs can just check the database and see the exact loc someone is camped out at. So if they cared, they could just check the camped out loc of each of those people you mentioned. But they haven't done that, because nobody cares.

In summary: nobody cares.
Sadly, this my be the exactly the case, and I raised the same questions. You can't tell me these are impossible pieces of data to gather...

1) Date/time of a character's log in
2) Location of character's log in
3) Which characters logged into a zone at approximately the same time
4) Date/time an item was acquired in inventory

These stats are that impossible for a GM to acquire?
Old 04-18-2019, 11:09 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lothisu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Mr. Lobster did you see Eliashib login at the fountain when you logged on your druid tracker??
No Mr. Lothisu. I also didn't see the kid set the fire to the jewelry store either. I just saw him running away from the building with gas cans in his hand, then trying to sell jewelry on the streets the next day. But you're correct...I didn't actually see him start the fire. We can only go with the evidence we are presented. You know, how most crimes are solved.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:22 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordgordon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can understand being mad about this for and hour, shit maybe even a day.

Y'all are still going on about this. Figure it out already or go play pokemon
No, I'm dumb. I know it's so damn annoying when people actually try to do the right thing. Sorry it's so difficult for you to see and comprehend.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:27 AM
Sarnak

Sounds like someone just needs to sit on a ranger tracker with a bind sight on a trash mob at the zone in. Keep checking /who, and if people start appearing without porting in then you have your evidence for a petition.

FWIW, Aftermath banned PoH minis/PoS nobles/fear golem farm crews last summer:

Quote:
These zones all MUST be batphoned as optional. People farming items and other such instances without a batphone is no longer allowed.

If you decide to farm Hate, Sky or Fear without following the criteria in the post made before, you will be docked DKP and if you do it again, you will be kicked.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:32 AM
Planar Protector

Gotta give Lobster some credit here: I haven't seen anyone stand up to the troll armies of this forum so well in a long time.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 04-18-2019, 11:33 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaritan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes, it should be easy to acquire an item worth several hundred K in value. If you're lazy to compete against a crew who put in work to develop an efficient, team-oriented process of farming, please continue to complain.

Can we please get instanced versions of Hate added immediately? Thank you.
It's not competing when one team is cheating by not following the established rules, Einstein.
Closed Thread