Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 08:32 AM
Banned

I assumed you had to be lvl 46+ in whatever class to use and equip epic.

I’m going on 46MAG, 1BRD, 1DRU, 12ENCH

Cast while moving, epic pet, malo/tash/slow, root, lull, mez, stun, Snare, small 20pt heals, memblur, fear, bindsight, faction buff, healthy amount of illusions for fashion quest. This combo would be a fun as shit.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

i suppose you could ad a level of bard like 55 mage/1 bard/ 4ench

But i really would not want to give up CoH.
Old 09-15-2020, 08:46 AM
Banned

Don’t get slow til 12 though
Old 09-15-2020, 08:47 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Don’t get slow til 12 though
That's Ok when your pets cost zero mana.

Edit: apparently on p99 they went with a level cap of 50 on the mage clicky.
Last edited by DMN; 09-15-2020 at 08:49 AM..
Old 09-15-2020, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zipity [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
59 necro + 1 bard for the ultimate pull class - snare, FD, lifetap, pet track, like 6 DAs, gate, bind, succor are night, fear, mez etc

Really any caster lvl 59 + lvl 1 bard due to being able to cast/use clickies on the run. Would open access to tons of moving DAs and cast/kiting strats. Fucking wizard swarm kiting.

46 epic mage, 12 ench, 1bard, 1 cleric, epic pet ,Tash + malo, slow, Pbaoe mez, lull, root, memblur, cheap heals, DA, and you can still cast on the run.

59 bard + 1 monk for double attack

59pal/Sk + 1 monk for dual wield
In EQ I think the only thing that makes sense is lvl 1 Bard + caster for casting on the run. 50+ is too important and <10 is not strong at all.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:47 PM
Kobold

I don’t think being a level 1 bard should allow you cast other class spells while moving. If you have bard levels, you can sing bard songs and use instruments bard style according to how many bard levels you have
Old 09-15-2020, 02:25 PM
Planar Protector

A 56 war with level 4 enc utility(lull, mez, stun, gate) sounds pretty godly
Old 09-15-2020, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by plzrelax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don’t think being a level 1 bard should allow you cast other class spells while moving. If you have bard levels, you can sing bard songs and use instruments bard style according to how many bard levels you have
Idon'tthink anyone is considering that the case. only that clickies will not be interrupted.
Old 09-15-2020, 03:46 PM
Sarnak

Why wouldn't you? Bards being able to cast things on the move is a default class feature.

Other possibly good options:
Level 3 Rogue for Hide/Sneak
Enchanter levels to get Rod of Annihilation access on a melee in addition to Lull/Gate/Stun/Mez. You would see a lot of Enchanter 4 I think, like Paladin 2 in pathfinder 1st e.
A warrior level for better armor access.
A paladin level on a rogue to backstab with Great Spear of Dawn.

Splashing a level for gear proficiencies is extremely common in PnP RPGs that allow that kind of behavior. There's a lot of gear that's balanced by not being accessible to certain classes which would be worth losing some of the capstone class abilities to get.
Old 09-15-2020, 04:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thGate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why wouldn't you? Bards being able to cast things on the move is a default class feature.

Other possibly good options:
Level 3 Rogue for Hide/Sneak
Enchanter levels to get Rod of Annihilation access on a melee in addition to Lull/Gate/Stun/Mez. You would see a lot of Enchanter 4 I think, like Paladin 2 in pathfinder 1st e.
A warrior level for better armor access.
A paladin level on a rogue to backstab with Great Spear of Dawn.

Splashing a level for gear proficiencies is extremely common in PnP RPGs that allow that kind of behavior. There's a lot of gear that's balanced by not being accessible to certain classes which would be worth losing some of the capstone class abilities to get.
Because bards have no spells we can't say they would operate a certain way if they did have them.

Also think ultimate melee would be 1 level pal or SK for spear of dawn , 1 level ench for lull/annihilation, 58 levels of rogue Need to look at the SK/paladin armror clickies to decided. Certain paladin currently because of the incredibly bad decision to make the soulfire essentially pladin only clickable.
Last edited by DMN; 09-15-2020 at 04:59 PM..
Closed Thread