Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2020, 12:52 PM
Fire Giant

Default New Dain FTE Rules

So, these are the new Dain FTE rules. GM's have confirmed.

On Dain spawn, all FTE'ers /camp and create a new lvl 1 gnome. Race to Kelethin bank and hail the banker 12 times. Then /camp and log back to FTE'rs.

Upon logging in, they must /dance 3 times, then they can race. But, only after a 9000+ /random 10000. Rolled by themselves, for themselves. Each racer must roll there own 9000+ /random 10000 before they can begin the final race to Dain.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:25 PM
Kobold

I spent countless hour and hard work creating a rule set for kelorek'dar. However, none of my "UN representatives" will even bring my suggestions to the floor. This whole system is rigged.
WE THE PEOPLE NEED REAL REPRESENTATION

Kelorek'Dar
---------------
Barbarian, Erudite, and Human Racers only.
(No human bards/rangers -- no tracking)

no vision buffs allowed
no movement speed buffs allowed
no levitate

natural spawn only

during night (7pm - 4am): instant race
during daytime: race starts at the beginning of night(7pm) after spawn

5 max racers per guild

first racer to _die_ to kelorek'dar(fte doesn't matter) locks their guild into cobalt scar. All other entities must vacate the zone until Kelorek'dar dies or their lockout ends. Then they have up to 1 hour and 37 minutes to gather a force and kill kelorek'dar uncontested (must fight underwater no pulling onto land).
Old 09-15-2020, 07:05 PM
Aviak

Was there a reason GMs are creating these odd race rules for Dain??
Old 09-15-2020, 07:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagavan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Was there a reason GMs are creating these odd race rules for Dain??
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-15-2020, 09:36 PM
Banned

From what it sounds like, they want you to play on Green. They know you are addicted but they are trying to push you to Green
Old 09-15-2020, 09:46 PM
Banned

It's my understanding that green will eventually be merged with the beta server. How do green folks reconcile the fact that all of their gear will be inferior and their platinum will have less buying power once that sudden inflation occurs? How will they come to terms with the reality that they will be thrown into the pit with players who have exploited a beta server for years?

Tune in
Old 09-15-2020, 10:40 PM
Banned

There is already a bottleneck at Ring 8 and Ring 10, why make another one at Ring 9 that is a complete shit show? Anyone that has participated in this quest knows exactly what i'm referring to.

I'd be interested in knowing the amount ring 8 / traitors' boxes that have to be reimbursed on a monthly basis.

The new change adds 5-10 seconds to the FTE (which is Huge) for all the PC's camped out trying to turn in.

I'm hearing of a proposal to allow the first Dain spawn of every month to be left up for people to turn in without having to sit through a 15 hour window and compete with an FTE.

This change has a minimal impact on the raiding guilds and benefits the entire server. Everything else in here is just whining and realize this will also benefit YOU.
Old 09-16-2020, 09:34 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by SantagarBrax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is already a bottleneck at Ring 8 and Ring 10, why make another one at Ring 9 that is a complete shit show? Anyone that has participated in this quest knows exactly what i'm referring to.

I'd be interested in knowing the amount ring 8 / traitors' boxes that have to be reimbursed on a monthly basis.

The new change adds 5-10 seconds to the FTE (which is Huge) for all the PC's camped out trying to turn in.

I'm hearing of a proposal to allow the first Dain spawn of every month to be left up for people to turn in without having to sit through a 15 hour window and compete with an FTE.

This change has a minimal impact on the raiding guilds and benefits the entire server. Everything else in here is just whining and realize this will also benefit YOU.
im fine with them coming up with some sort of fix to allow people to turn in. I get it, I support it. This is not the right way to do that.

Making the FTE racers zone, during the race, let alone right at the start of it. Gives an extremely unfair advantage to people that zone faster than others. If this plays out, over time, i guarantee we will see the large majority of FTE's going to the same few individuals that have the magic combo of ram, ping, and fairy dust in there system that allows them to zone in sub 5 seconds.

Thats my issue, it takes skill out of the race, and makes it all about ping/build specs, in my opinion.
Old 09-16-2020, 11:58 AM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreenk317 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
im fine with them coming up with some sort of fix to allow people to turn in. I get it, I support it. This is not the right way to do that.

Making the FTE racers zone, during the race, let alone right at the start of it. Gives an extremely unfair advantage to people that zone faster than others. If this plays out, over time, i guarantee we will see the large majority of FTE's going to the same few individuals that have the magic combo of ram, ping, and fairy dust in there system that allows them to zone in sub 5 seconds.

Thats my issue, it takes skill out of the race, and makes it all about ping/build specs, in my opinion.
The vast majority of races going to a couple of people? No, they wouldn't stand for that when the goal is to open up content.
Old 09-16-2020, 12:37 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jauna [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what it sounds like, they want you to play on Green. They know you are addicted but they are trying to push you to Green
A lot of people don't know you can be banned from individual servers.
Consider Red
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Closed Thread