Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2015, 12:26 PM
Large Rat

I know it's just started but what's the population like? Many groups going in the newbie zones?
Old 01-06-2015, 12:27 PM
Planar Protector

Well you need to understand the server isn't a classic progression server. The title here is a bit misleading.

The only goal is to emulate the Al'Kabor server. Progression is a byproduct of its development.

On Al'Kabor the only Manastones, guises and fungi staves were GM awarded and of the 3 or so that existed, most were on account not active since 2005.

Scrolling you get used to not having. It is far more convenient to use in a pinch to look around a wall for lull or to target a mob chasing you than F9 and panning is.

The bigger impact on gameplay is the cycle targets hotkeys. Being an Enchanter here is SOOOOOOO EASY with global cooldown refresh and cycle hotkeys. Try playing without either of those, you will see many more MEZ breaks, charm deaths, etc.
Old 01-06-2015, 12:31 PM
Orc

Thanks for info - didn't know that about al'kabor.

I like not having cycle targets and stuff, as back in the day it took alot of concentration and some skill on enchanters for that reason, and most other classes.

I may still give it a go, but i gotta let the disappointment wane a little bit. As you said the title is slightly misleading - i went in expecting a Twinkie and got a chocolate chip cookie. Both delicious, but I was in the mood for a twinkie.
Old 01-06-2015, 01:46 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byrjun [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Anyone know how to download the dropbox files? When I click download it tells me the file is too large to download.
If anyone is still having issues DL'ing the files from Dropbox, what you need to do is install the Dropbox client onto your PC, and then add the files to your Dropbox account. They will then automatically be synced to your computer. If you don't have enough space with the default 2GB, you can recommend it to a friend for a free 50GB for a year. I just emailed it to one of my alternate emails *shrug*

I will also be hosting it on a certain kickass website once I get upload permission.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

Just now getting around to downloading it.

The ikky beastlord dream is real boys.
Old 01-06-2015, 02:15 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just now getting around to downloading it.

The ikky beastlord dream is real boys.
Beware that until Luclin releases, your gear options will be extremely limited. They are allowed to be created, but their itemization isn't in at the moment. Not until the classic planes, that is.

As they ground to make XP holy . . . let us twink to make it free; our EQ marches on!
Old 01-06-2015, 02:21 PM
Banned

You have access to the quests in Luclin and Kunark that can be completed by only visiting the zones:

Shar Vahl
Shadeweavers Thicket
Field of Bone
Cabilis (both sides)

Which means, some of the newbie quests actually work, but since most of them also use items from outside those zones (LOIO, SONH,etc) many of the quests can not be completed at this point in time
Old 01-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Sarnak

Using abacab's client is opening the startup page where you have to press OK in fullscreen even though I have it set to windowed and none of my mouse clicks register. Can't progress beyond this.
Old 01-06-2015, 03:40 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breeziyo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Using abacab's client is opening the startup page where you have to press OK in fullscreen even though I have it set to windowed and none of my mouse clicks register. Can't progress beyond this.
You're using EQW, right? Does a little window pop up asking you to target the eqgame exe?

Old 01-06-2015, 04:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what you need to do is install the Dropbox client onto your PC
wtf