Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2020, 09:48 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bardp1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you don't roll a Human with a moustache then you are playing monk for all the wrong reasons
Old 04-27-2020, 05:15 AM
Fire Giant

what can iksar monks do in a game that a human monk can't, given the same level and gears?
Old 04-27-2020, 08:25 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by wagorf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
what can iksar monks do in a game that a human monk can't, given the same level and gears?
Have higher AC and Regen that in theory makes you survive something you might otherwise not one out of a thousand times. Have easy access to 30 fire/cold resist in ranged slot (but also start with 10 less cold resist). Ability to see better at night that stops you from accidentally running into a mob that kills you.

Another benefit for human:

Now that puppet strings recharges are nerfed and significantly more costly, going Human Agnostic is a pretty nice bonus for the ability to get your own OT Hammer with minimal effort as well.
Last edited by jolanar; 04-27-2020 at 08:28 AM..
Old 04-28-2020, 12:14 AM
Sarnak

Not a monk here, but I can give you some info from leveling my warrior solo in 59, decently twinked, and how much additional regeneration would have helped.

The entire time I was leveling HP regen was my limiting factor. If I had had more regen, I could have killed more mobs and leveled faster than I did.

A level 59 Iksar monk would have a minimum of 7 additional hp regen per tic over a human(more if FD'd or sitting, but let's assume you're standing to calculate the minimum advantage you would get). There are 10 tics in a minute so Iksars at that level regen 70 HP per minute > humans.

My average fight lasted around 140 seconds, and the NPCs did around 10 DPS to me, meaning I needed to regen on average 1400 hp each fight.

With 70 additional HP per minute, it would allow me to kill an additional mob every 20 minutes, or 3 additional mobs an hour. My regen was limiting me to about 16-17 mobs every hour. Three additional mobs per hour for me would have been close to, but not quite 20% extra experience.

So in my particular case, the regen bonus would have mostly made up for the 20% experience penalty. Your results would depend on how much damage you take and how fast you can kill. It could potentially be the same for your monk.
Old 04-28-2020, 11:49 AM
Sarnak

combat bind wound macro
Closed Thread