Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 07-14-2020, 09:18 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Sounds like Steal Team
Old 07-14-2020, 09:20 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarkhan [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
From what I saw Cyndreela was agroed on Pinetop, their own "protector" that's in Seal Team.
There's interference throughout the entire race from people creating lvl1 trolls to the difference of people killing spectres. First few racers in spectre were down, others they were up

If that's the case what bothers me is they didn't call it earlier, instead they let people fight cyndreela with the hope and excitement that the game was still in play and never declared a winner until after 3rd death to cyndreela that wasn't giblets.
Yeah definitely some suspect stuff.

Also called the spectre situation being an issue before the race began
Old 07-14-2020, 12:05 PM
Aviak

The first two racers made it to Cyndreela fine and got aggro and died. At that point one of the bards who was there protecting the raid from other pvpers (of which there were many in the swamp/feerrott) inadvertently got aggro. At this point Giblit ran into the room and was the first gnome to Cyndreela, then a swarm of gnomes ran in. Cyndreela got charmed or feared or something and went walking off. Rather then making the third winner an RNG fest we discussed it and ruled to give it to Giblit, who would've been killed had the bard not gotten aggro.

I personally gave away over 30k of my own currency and a lot of my time to organize this event and put it on. Obviously things weren't perfect, the zone crashes really caused some headaches and delays and in the future the race will have a clearer requirement for winning. The first time we did this race being killed by Cyndreela worked because we didnt have tons of people in the room spectating and interfering. This time the race ended up much bigger then expected.

If anyone would like to see video of the ending to the race to see how far ahead Giblit was, I can get it uploaded.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:06 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yeah definitely some suspect stuff.

Also called the spectre situation being an issue before the race began
As far as the spectre situation, it was always known this was going to be some RNG. This wasn't some super serious race, it was a goofy gnome race where I wanted to give away some stuff and let people have fun.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:13 PM
Large Rat

Seems like a reasonable outcome to me. Appreciate you and your guild taking the time to organize and host the event. Stuff like this just adds to the fun of the server [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-14-2020, 12:20 PM
Aviak

Busy with work at the moment and can't get the video uploaded, but here is a quick screenshot, this was what we based the winner off of. Obviously it wasn't the ideal situation, but I thought it was the fairest thing to do. If there had been no interference he would've been the first to die.

Like I said, definitely something to learn from and I intend to do the next race with a clearer finish line.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 07-14-2020, 12:44 PM
Skeleton

The race was really well organized and run given all the technical difficulties. I don't think anyone seriously believes that the RNG shenanigans at the portal were deliberate. Please tell me none of you actually believe that lol.

Really fun event, P99 needs way more stuff like this. The only thing that would have improved the race is if one of the PVP flagged ST bards used their AoE fear song on the Butcherblock dock, scattering the filthy gnomes into the sea.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:51 PM
Fire Giant

Wouldnt be classic EQ without people crying about the opportunity for volunteer organized fun and free cash, jesus I thought Karen's Castle didn't come out until Kunark.
Old 07-14-2020, 12:54 PM
Aviak

I get the frustration, the rule's were established as "the first three people killed by Cyndreela are the winners", however even at the start of the race I announced that could change to "whomever hails Zurtalpus first" in the event Cyndreela was compromised. At the point where Cyndreela got compromised, there wasn't enough time to change to "hail Zurtalpus", so instead I went with who came in first.
Old 07-14-2020, 01:03 PM
Kobold

Thanks for putting this together, it was a nice break from the norm and I had a blast!
Closed Thread