Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Guilty or no of 2nd degree murder?
Guilty 36 64.29%
Not Guilty 8 14.29%
He kneeled on the towers 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Uhh, they were charged for the exact same underlying felonies, second degree manslaughter. i don't even know where are you getting this "felony assault"? Are you just copying and pasting shit from reddit/twitter/etc.?
I'm getting it from the Chauvin jury instructions. Go to page 5. For definition of 2nd degree murder see the section "Definition". For the relevance of felony assault see section "Elements", subsection "Third Element".

https://www.scribd.com/document/5036...-Chauvin-trial
Old 04-21-2021, 12:13 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. Hopefully more and more cops just turn their badges in and these liberal shithole cities get what they're asking for.
If the "liberal shithole cities" go down the drain then who is going to pay for your welfare flyover states?

Don't worry though, we'll keep thriving and innovating and subsidizing you.
Old 04-21-2021, 12:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep. Hopefully more and more cops just turn their badges in and these liberal shithole cities get what they're asking for.
Don't be a hero. Quietly take the medical retirement. No need for grandstanding.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:03 PM
Planar Protector

This trial was a sham. Literally only reason he was found guilty was to prevent American cities from burning.

Sorry you can't look at facts and evidence objectively.
Old 04-21-2021, 01:14 PM
Planar Protector

Its insane to me that videos like this were not shown by the defense, 38 to 7 witnesses? It's like they didn't even try.. This even has the guy taking his foot off the ground, which was a pretty powerful claim by the prosecution that it was definitely murder.

Im not on his side I just felt it was a pretty weak defense.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:02 PM
Planar Protector

There sure are a lot of Republican bootlickers crying in this thread.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Its insane to me that videos like this were not shown by the defense, 38 to 7 witnesses? It's like they didn't even try.. This even has the guy taking his foot off the ground, which was a pretty powerful claim by the prosecution that it was definitely murder.

Im not on his side I just felt it was a pretty weak defense.
That video feels like it was specifically filmed to support Mr Chauvins defense. Slavic men are generally untrustworthy actors.
Old 04-21-2021, 02:36 PM
Banned

ah, the good ol “it wuz his fault we killed em!!” defense l!!
(LOL)
Old 04-21-2021, 02:50 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snortles Chortles [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
ah, the good ol “it wuz his fault we killed em!!” defense l!!
(LOL)
sometimes, it is their fault
Old 04-21-2021, 02:52 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassawary [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That video feels like it was specifically filmed to support Mr Chauvins defense. Slavic men are generally untrustworthy actors.
Yeah but there was a pamphlet where they teach their officers this tequnique and the idea that these videos are not the videos that the police department shares and practices from pretty off the mark and I think is literally why Floyd was killed, not because there was a bad apple, but because these officers are just in the wrong mindset for citizen policing.

I do believe that Chauvin being made an example of can begin a trend where police officers dont want to be made examples of.. basically the rule of thumb is "hey do whatever just make sure it doesn't look like you are evil in the video to 12 random people" imo.. which is basically how the army is lol

gotta be on your best behavior.

Which in the grand scheme of things is my biggest beef with the cops, that they act like there gods and the smartest people in the universe.

So id like to see them ask questions like "sir can you breathe ok?" and shit. So I consider this a victory.

But I would have liked to see the administration be held accountable in the same way that I think drug dealers are a dime a dozen, so are hot head cops. But if we consistently toss them in jail then that'll be a less efficient solution to the problem but a solution none the less.
Last edited by Jibartik; 04-21-2021 at 02:54 PM..
Closed Thread