Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Guilty or no of 2nd degree murder?
Guilty 36 64.29%
Not Guilty 8 14.29%
He kneeled on the towers 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2021, 07:24 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So what dude, isn’t that a good enough reason? Don’t kill people and you won’t go to jail, it was in the Bible so you should’ve learned it by age 5. If you didn’t, your parents failed you and you were probably fucked anyway

Move to resolved
One man's freedom (or lack thereof) shouldn't decide whether a bunch of degenerates set fire to property that isn't theirs.

Too bad these people can't look inward at their own culture and realize they perpetuate these societal failures over and over again.
Old 04-21-2021, 07:32 PM
Planar Protector

Tucker Carlson lost his shit yesterday when a former New York City deputy sheriff referred to Floyd's murder as “pure savagery” and called for increased police training on his show.

Old 04-21-2021, 07:57 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
One man's freedom (or lack thereof) shouldn't decide whether a bunch of degenerates set fire to property that isn't theirs.

Too bad these people can't look inward at their own culture and realize they perpetuate these societal failures over and over again.
Imagine unironically thinking this simplistically about anything and yet also feeling superior to people.

Hilarious.
Old 04-21-2021, 08:05 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Old 04-21-2021, 08:20 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:

Rioters should be prosecuted BIGLY. It’s sad that we don’t enforce those laws, just like we don’t enforce illegal immigration laws. That said, I think justice was served in this case. I could be wrong, but I don’t think Floyd dies without the knee on his neck, and I don’t think it’s the role of a police officer to carry out judgment in the form of an execution

But yes we certainly do live in an age of cultural decline, especially at the margins. The very rich and very poor in this country are producing very disturbed people
Old 04-21-2021, 08:23 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Video of cop executing man for jaywalking and holding a knife just hit the web.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Please tell me the cop and victim are the same race

I can’t take another racial whining by minorities, Iran has been under sanction since 1979 and you don’t see me asking for reparations from yalls cracker asses
Old 04-21-2021, 08:35 PM
Planar Protector

Old 04-21-2021, 08:51 PM
Planar Protector

Yeah that’s a fucked up video

Jesus Christ
Old 04-21-2021, 09:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Those are the agreed upon instructions for the jury, however i wasn't asking about Chauvin. The chauvin prosecution simply selected the easiest underlying potential felony to prove in their case, to essentially Trojan Horse in a murder conviction. I asked you about Noor and Potter, though, and why they weren't similarly charged.

The second degree murder statute says that if any felony is committed and the victim dies, it immediately qualifies as murder two. There are no other qualifiers for this, other than some incredibly bizarre exceptions for sexual assault and drive-by-shootings.

"(1) causes the death of a human being, without intent to effect the death of any person, while committing or attempting to commit a felony offense other than criminal sexual conduct in the first or second degree with force or violence or a drive-by shooting"

It wouldn't surprise me if this statue gets eviscerated in appeals court either, but it's really beside the point regarding Noor and Potter.
I gave my answer -- Potter doesn't appear to be guilty of the felony (assault) that predicated Chauvin's felony murder charge, and I'm not commenting on Noor because I don't remember the case.

As far as I can tell using second degree manslaughter as the predicate felony for felony murder is not done, despite the lack of mention in the statute. If you manage to find an example of it being used that way or something prohibiting that use let me know. Now I'm curious.
Old 04-21-2021, 09:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaveh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Rioters should be prosecuted BIGLY. It’s sad that we don’t enforce those laws, just like we don’t enforce illegal immigration laws. That said, I think justice was served in this case. I could be wrong, but I don’t think Floyd dies without the knee on his neck, and I don’t think it’s the role of a police officer to carry out judgment in the form of an execution

But yes we certainly do live in an age of cultural decline, especially at the margins. The very rich and very poor in this country are producing very disturbed people
Since when so we not enforce the laws? Many of the nyc rioters have been heavily prosecuted. But oh wait that doesn’t fit your narrative does it
Closed Thread