Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Guilty or no of 2nd degree murder?
Guilty 36 64.29%
Not Guilty 8 14.29%
He kneeled on the towers 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 04-22-2021, 02:43 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The point I wanted to make was to correct your misconception that intent to kill was an element of the charges against Chauvin. I'm confused as to why you're quizzing me on Potter.
The two points I was making was that the murder 3 charge would require Chauvin to know and not care that his action had a very high likelihood of killing Floyd. You can argue the semantics all day about "intent to kill" versus "very likely to kill". Someone with an intent to kill another person will employ a method that is "very likely to kill" their victim, no?

The other point is, that the "unintentional" murderer 2 charge is just a compete bullshit charge, as I 've been trying to get through to you. See below for more on that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vivitron [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The statutes define assault as "(2) the intentional infliction of or attempt to inflict bodily harm upon another". The jury instruction for Chauvin states that in part as "intentionally applied unlawful force". I don't think that fits Potter; she intended to lawfully taser the victim.
yet, your quote of the statute doesn't say anything about "lawfully" or "unlawfully", does it? Even if it did, that "lawfulness" could only be truly adjudicated in court. She certainly intended to cause bodily harm, which is all that the statute requires. Even if she had grabbed her taser she still would have delivered "bodily harm" to Wright, defined in Minnesota as : "physical pain or injury, illness, or any impairment of physical condition."
Old 04-22-2021, 02:55 AM
Sarnak

Chauvin had a history of doing this shit to people. I’m wondering if he’s just a power tripping sociopath that deserves what had coming to him. All the police training in the world isn’t going to fix shitheads like this that give the police a bad name. He should have been fired from the force ages ago.
Old 04-22-2021, 02:58 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
man this stuff is complex, seems like the solution is to have officers attend idk 2-4 years of school instead of 2-4 weeks of it.
Except this guy has been on the force for years and had HUNDREDS of hours of training on record, had been reprimanded several times for this shit and probably should have been sacked a long time ago for misconduct. You can’t fix assholes with training, only hard life lessons, but now it’s too little to late.
Old 04-22-2021, 07:59 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zero surprise there.

Throw rocks at cars. Get cops called on you.

Jaywalk through an extremely busy intersection while a police officer is trying to stop you.

Immediately become aggressive, take knife out and threaten cop.

Get shot.
Old 04-22-2021, 09:44 AM
Skeleton

At this point, it does not matter whether he is guilty or not, they NEED that sacrifice, just like gladiator days. What I can tell you with fair certainty is that this is the kind of thing that makes police comradery stronger, so more chances of cover-ups and watching your partners back. This will also force officers who were there only to serve and protect, question if it's worth the meager salary to go out on the streets to help by risking their lives. Don't get me wrong, I have always believed that a police officer should be required to have a 4 yr college degree like most careers nowadays. Nonlethal self-defense and mental health services should be their prime focus. They should literally be walking NON-LETHAL social workers. There is literally never a reason to kill another human and in almost every single case of death by an officer, it could have been avoided entirely. However, I've heard people say that we need to completely get rid of the police in the US. I guess the best response was from Joe Swanson - "Next time call the fire department, maybe they can come put out the rape."
What I would really like to know is, after Chauvin was found guilty, was it necessary for them to start going to local business' telling people "Get the F*** out of NY, we don't want you here!" Seems like Chauvin and George weren't what they cared about after all. But ultimately, don't actually expect any changes, after all like the old saying goes; "The more things change, the more they stay the same" - Snake Plissken
Old 04-22-2021, 10:35 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMN [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
yet, your quote of the statute doesn't say anything about "lawfully" or "unlawfully", does it? Even if it did, that "lawfulness" could only be truly adjudicated in court. She certainly intended to cause bodily harm, which is all that the statute requires. Even if she had grabbed her taser she still would have delivered "bodily harm" to Wright, defined in Minnesota as : "physical pain or injury, illness, or any impairment of physical condition."
If you think the prosecutor should argue to a judge and jury that attempting a lawful, by-the-book police action satisfies the intent element of assault, you can go ahead and write them a nice letter explaining your theory of the case and request they up the charges. Be sure to notify the Chauvin judge that his jury instructions were way too hard on the prosecution while you're at it.
Old 04-22-2021, 10:49 AM
Planar Protector

So what happens when black people start talking about the 50 / 13?
Last edited by Toxigen; 04-22-2021 at 10:52 AM..
Old 04-22-2021, 11:04 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by this user was banned [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Except this guy has been on the force for years and had HUNDREDS of hours of training on record, had been reprimanded several times for this shit and probably should have been sacked a long time ago for misconduct. You can’t fix assholes with training, only hard life lessons, but now it’s too little to late.
Im not saying do 2-4 weeks of training, then do as much Estonian MMA youtube tutorials as you want at your local gym and call it "years of training" training.

You do what the 4 year course says to do, which has crisis intervention and empathy courses. With failure being an option.

What's your solution?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Immediately become aggressive, take knife out and threaten cop.
In america you are allowed to do this you snivling little nany state titty sucking deep state loser that thinks constitutional rights are a death sentence.
Last edited by Jibartik; 04-22-2021 at 11:08 AM..
Old 04-22-2021, 11:06 AM
Planar Protector

Have you guys actually watched Thomas Lane's bodycam footage on youtube?
Old 04-22-2021, 11:13 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In america you are allowed to do this you snivling little nany state titty sucking deep state loser that thinks constitutional rights are a death sentence.
You sharing whatever drug(s) you're on buddy?