Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 06:50 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xer0 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am pretty sure /list was planned from day 1.
What solution would you recommend staff implement for camps like manastone?
Last edited by Darkwoo; 05-13-2021 at 06:54 PM..
Old 05-13-2021, 07:26 PM
Aviak

how about implement nothing
Old 05-13-2021, 08:40 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyjalx [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
how about implement nothing
That would suck. One small group of friends would own all the manastones on the server.

I'm pretty critical of the staff (to say the least), but I think the list system was a good change.
Old 05-14-2021, 12:12 AM
Planar Protector

Now that the initial hype is over, try making an alt

I just started a necro earlier this week. Level 14 already and enjoying some P99. EQ 100% what you make of it.
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 05-14-2021, 12:14 AM
Aviak

Once you get over the stupid shit that really isn't that great like a manastone, minor regen and trivial illusion, what is left is what you make of it.

Have fun, enjoy yourself and move on.

Anything more or less is just fucking idiotic.
Old 05-14-2021, 02:39 AM
Planar Protector

Did you just post this same thing in the subreddit? You need to go outside man
Old 05-14-2021, 02:40 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkwoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
That would suck. One small group of friends would own all the manastones on the server.

I'm pretty critical of the staff (to say the least), but I think the list system was a good change.
I mean technically that is how classic worked to a certain extent. And I say that from an unbiased place of having no desire to camp a legacy item, so I’m not trying to farm and lock it down forever
Old 05-14-2021, 03:25 AM
Planar Protector

It would cause extra CSR work, which is why /list was created. They will develop non-Classic solutions to problems that cause extra volunteer work.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 05-14-2021, 04:19 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cd288 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean technically that is how classic worked to a certain extent.
It's a case where no P99 implementation will be entirely classic, nor entirely wrong, because it varied server to server depending on the whims of the GMs. On one server they would've (and did) force people to leave if they hogged camps for too long, on a second server they didn't respect camps at all, on a third they might've let someone hog it forever. Of course nobody knew in advance that manastones and similar items were going to be removed so we're simulating what would've been a psychic population in 1999. Custom solutions suit custom problems, I suppose.

Manowarr has an accurate assessment: A lot of P99's rules are designed to reduce staff workload first, maintain classic feel as secondary priority.

Danth
Old 05-14-2021, 05:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xezn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I used to love this server and would play it in between TLP on and off throughout the years. When green released, I was as excited as everyone else and went in fairly hardcore. I actually preferred the corpse runs, the slower exp, the fact that mostly everything was the way I remember it. It felt like being in a time machine.

The problem I think with the green launch is that they did too many experimental changes that made it no longer feel like eq while leaving in too many balance issues. Green server kinda showed me what eq would be like if played by a modern crowd - everything gets solod, everyone fights over the best zones, people ignore half the areas in the game. Everyone was a solo class. I was still fun, but I think it left me disillusioned and sort of erased everything that I had experienced on blue the years prior.

I also think things like the forced lighting(which killed my performance) and the list stuff were terrible changes. Maybe it's better now that it's in kunark but I can't find the desire to come back to p99 anymore.
can i have ur stuff