Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 01:44 PM
Sarnak

Default When Gfay WAS the EC tunnel on live

So I recall a time on live somewhere around Kunark Era where Greater Faydark was the equivalent to what we now have in the EC tunnel on p99. I was on the Vallon Zek pvp server at that time so maybe other servers not PvP based still had EC tunnel as their central trading hub prior to the Bazaar in the Luclin expansion.

Was this a thing if anyone remembers?
Old 10-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Kobold

I played on the Test Server from Velious to LDoN.

Until the Bazaar came out with Luclin, the shopping was decentralized to several hubs.

There was one in the North Freeport Bank, one in EC tunnel, one in Gfay by the Butcherblock zone, and one in Thurgadin bank. If you were looking for something in particular, or for a particular price, you had to travel to all four spots. Likewise for selling.

We also had people selling food/drink/supplies in interesting places, like standing by the merchant in Aviak village in SK, or the NK gypsy camp, or the port-in spot in South Ro.
Old 10-27-2016, 01:54 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallowaypa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I recall a time on live somewhere around Kunark Era where Greater Faydark was the equivalent to what we now have in the EC tunnel on p99. I was on the Vallon Zek pvp server at that time so maybe other servers not PvP based still had EC tunnel as their central trading hub prior to the Bazaar in the Luclin expansion.

Was this a thing if anyone remembers?
I came from Tarew Marr and EC was the main hub eventually, but in the beginning there was a hub market in Gfay and EC.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:01 PM
Fire Giant

Nfp/gfay/ec were all used on diff servers

I think ec was the main selling spot regardless of server tho, gfay was just for those elf scrubs
Old 10-27-2016, 02:02 PM
Sarnak

Definitely just depended on the server. Gfay was the hub on a later-added server called Xev. Was fun getting there and back as a newbie iksar in the teens.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:05 PM
Aviak

Gbay was the main hub on Tunare until Luclin, but like Vandil mentioned, Thurg, NFP, and the tunnel were all kind of mini-hubs.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

EC was the hub on Fennin, with some activity in Gfay.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by xKoopa [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Nfp/gfay/ec were all used on diff servers

I think ec was the main selling spot regardless of server tho, gfay was just for those elf scrubs
Nah, it was 100% gfay on Sol Ro. EC totally vacant.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:38 PM
Planar Protector

Povar was GFay if I remember right. I started originally on Bristlebane, but then switched to Povar to be on the same server as my sister and I thought it was weird that everyone was buying and selling there. They called it Faymart.
Old 10-27-2016, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

As people are saying, server-dependent. Was gfay on Xegony during this era. Discombobulated me somewhat when I got here and everyone was clustered in EC.

EC makes more sense though. Gfay is an awful place for evil characters. I suspect that whether the trading hub was gfay or EC depends partially on the good/evil ratio at server start and partially on the druid/wizard ratio in early days.
Crallos Rek - 35 ogre shaman
Timothe - 31 human enchanter
Variol Cutthroat - 27 human paladin
Telehr - 23 human magician
Closed Thread